• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

billy best was god

Youth Team
Laying in the bath listening to our own Phil Brown on radio 5 live i must say that even if he was'nt our manager he would still be my favourite co- sports presenter; straight to the point, no woffle, knowledgeable, funny, mentions Southend and on there because he is bloody good not because of who he was.

Worst ever; Michael Owen dreadful master of stating the obvious and so so dull

Ya see I do like micheal owen....he has won plenty in his time played at the highest level for some stellar clubs so for me his opinions carry some real weight....added to that he was doing it recently. Brown is good pundit.

Worst is simple - Gary Birtles.

This cretin has me throwing things at the tv in an attempt to release my anger. Controversial just for the sake of it, no idea in terms of tactics and just all round ****ing annoying

Alan Shearer on MOTD. Not a commentator, but dreadful.

Also, John Motson lost his marbles a long time ago, time to send him to the glue factory.

Andy Townsend , worst ever.
Wayne Rooney for England chips the ball over the keeper and it hits the bar.

"Wayne Rooney there with the perfect chip"

No Andy , it wasn't perfect , it hit the bar you fool !

Niall Quinn is the worst, always saying the obvious, like it is 2-4 but a goal now will make it 3-4 or 2-5, yes thanks, must be an Irish thing.
I used to like Sky where you could knock the commentary off and just hear the crowd, but can't do it now so just turn sound down:smile:

Worst for me is Trevor Francis.

I remember watching a game where a winger ran down the touch line, beat a player, looked up and crossed the ball for an unmarked player to head it into the top right corner.

Trevor Francis then gave me the benefit of all the years he'd served in the game.

"Well, the winger's run down the touch line, beat a player, looked up and crossed the ball for the unmarked player to head it into the top right corner there."

Thanks Trev. That's why they pay you the big bucks.

Guys. Guys. Come on!! Think.

Worst?

Never ever ever ever forget that Talk Sh¡te employs & may even PAY Alvin Martin as a Fecking EXPERT!!!! He has often pontificated on the managerial failings of Ferguson & Wenger et al. Like he would Sodding know.

He was asked last week about how Fat Sam would feel about the abuse after the heavy defeats. The usual fatuous & pointless comments reminded me why I stood outside Roots Hall pleading vociferously for the Scouse Git to be sacked.

There is no-one worse. There can't be.

Laying in the bath listening to our own Phil Brown on radio 5 live i must say that even if he was'nt our manager he would still be my favourite co- sports presenter; straight to the point, no woffle, knowledgeable, funny, mentions Southend and on there because he is bloody good not because of who he was.

Worst ever; Michael Owen dreadful master of stating the obvious and so so dull

What the hell is he doing there. He should be spending all of his time plotting the defeat of Chesterfield and Hull. The ming boggles!!!:smile:

Guys. Guys. Come on!! Think.

Worst?

Never ever ever ever forget that Talk Sh¡te employs & may even PAY Alvin Martin as a Fecking EXPERT!!!! He has often pontificated on the managerial failings of Ferguson & Wenger et al. Like he would Sodding know.

He was asked last week about how Fat Sam would feel about the abuse after the heavy defeats. The usual fatuous & pointless comments reminded me why I stood outside Roots Hall pleading vociferously for the Scouse Git to be sacked.

There is no-one worse. There can't be.

Early contender for post of the year

Worst for me is Michael Owen. Very drone like. Very stiff (no puns please), Very boring. No personality and loves stating the blooming obvious. A game was 0-0 at half time once, and asked his thoughts on the second half, he said that it could go either way, but whoever scores first will have the advantage.
My favourite on the radio is Paul Clark. His knowledge on the game is great. Talks nothing but sense.

Both the clarkies are great on the radio and I agree Trevor Francis was the pits. There is a BBC Essex commentator who occassionally gets the main match but usually feeds in from Basildon or somewhere like that who unfortunately has a voice that always makes me want to reach for the razor blades

Both the clarkies are great on the radio and I agree Trevor Francis was the pits. There is a BBC Essex commentator who occassionally gets the main match but usually feeds in from Basildon or somewhere like that who unfortunately has a voice that always makes me want to reach for the razor blades
That has to be Mark Babbage. I always think he has the voice of a train spotter. Have to agree about Paul Clark though, I think he's excellent. I had the misfortune of listening to the Oxford commentary for the game earlier in the year, and their commentators were just awful

Agree Clarkie is best by far. Whenever Mr Brown moves on he should take his place.

By far the worst is Peter Beagrie - consistently shows he knows naff all about the teams at the games he is at purporting to be the 'match expert' - frequently looks as though he'd rather be anywhere else than where he is. Too many cartwheels when he was playing have dulled his brain.

Slightly off subject but Steve Claridge on the football league show is awful too.

What the voice of the BBC, how dare you! The way he says the bleeding obvious on the FL Show has to be admired. And don't start me on Gary Birtles who as a player obviously never ever made a mistake.

Someone should give Sean Dyche a go at commentating, now that would be fun listening to that voice!

Back