• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Single MOMENT this season:

Best Single MOMENT this season: - Votes please...

• The final whistle sounds as team of 6 men beat Swansea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • News comes out of Wignall's sacking

• Smithy scores the winner against Canvey Island

• The fourth goal goes in against QPR

• The third goes to make it 3-1 away at Colchester

• Drewe's scores at home in the replay (to give us the lead)

• The final whistle goes in that replay (we're off to Cardiff)

• One moment from Cardiff (please specify)

• The third rolls in against Darlington

• Total voters
Johnny Coyle in the pub at Swansea. An extraordinary, surreal performance, where doors, women and lawnmowers were inextricably woven into his guide to life.

Johnny Coyle, OOOOOOOOOHHHHH!!!
Johnny Coyle OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!

He walks in ladies loos,
He don't know what to do!

John Coyle OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 23 2004,13:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ April 23 2004,13:28)]Has to be the moments just before and after the final whistle vs Col U at home. Everyone gatherered at the front of the South Upper, people who had supported Southend through thick and thin (mostly thick) for decades. Absolutely unreal.

You can't buy that and I know cos' I've tried to lots of times.
The Shrimpers afterwards was a happy place to be.

smile.gif
My living room in Jávea was also a happy place to be that evening, if a little lonely ...

WS

tounge.gif

Hmm, I wonder who the single person was who voted for the Wignall sacking? Could his first name be Tony by any chance?
tounge.gif

For me it would have to be standing up in the lower tier at Cardiff to welcome Southend on to the pitch for the final. I've never so many football fans in one place, let alone all Southend fans!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I've been on sky, in the macth day "programme" and also right in the middle of the Boston photo (see TLG homepage). Im the one's with the gloves.

Kev

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 23 2004,21:41)]I've been on sky, in the macth day "programme" and also right in the middle of the Boston photo (see TLG homepage). Im the one's with the gloves.

Kev

biggrin.gif
Well done. Would you like a badge?

Sarcastic comments aside (see above), I went for the final whistle in the second leg against the Col Ewe Scum.

Relief, elation, pure joy.

I think Jay's goal does it for me, watching it in a cr*ppy bar in Kent, with 2 other random shrimpers fans. But its hard to choose,having so much success in a season, when most thought we could be playing conference football next season.

Only down point for me was losing to scarborough and missing on entertainin them at Roots Hall, which also would have been another televised game and more profit.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 24 2004,10:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ April 23 2004,21:41)]I've been on sky, in the macth day "programme" and also right in the middle of the Boston photo (see TLG homepage). Im the one's with the gloves.

Kev

biggrin.gif
Well done. Would you like a badge?
Yes and i'd like your missus to shine it up for me ...

Kev

The best moment of the season for me was when the east stand burger bar started serving burger sauce along side your more traditional condiments such as tomato ketchup and mustard.

The worst moment of the season for me was when I discovered it was 'Country Style' burger sauce and not Burgess burger sauce.

F*cking pikey b*stards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ April 26 2004,14:46)]The best moment of the season for me was when the east stand burger bar started serving burger sauce along side your more traditional condiments such as tomato ketchupo and mustard.

The worst moment of the season for me was when I discovered it was 'Country Style' burger sauce and not Burgess burger sauce.

F*cking pikey b*stards.
have you tried the new Hellman's burger sauce? Don't know whether it will be worth purchasing.

Sorry - this was one of my first ever polls. I thought I'd covered everthing but it seems there's always one option to miss. Can't believe I forgot the Burger Sauce though!

Surely it was when we beat you in the third round of the FA cup denying a money spinner vs Chelsea, it was my favourite moment anyway!!!
biggrin.gif

it has to be the final whistle against cull ewe, had been too nervous to eat or even do anything all day, 1-0 down so early, seemed like we were gonna blow it, then sitting for 45 of the most nervous minutes of my entire life, sitting watching it on skysports.com and just waiting and waiting and waiting for a goal, then it comes up FT and i just burst out crying in my girlfriend's bedroom...she just doesnt understand the beauty of the game...so now she's my ex! then getting wasted and going to all the luton fans at uni and laughing at them...best moment ever. closely followed by the national anthem at MS. still sends a shiver down my spine

Back