• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Struggling to remember many solo goals scored by SUFC. I mean, take on 4 or 5 players and score.

Loza's against Oxford (not many players, but great)

What are the best ones that you remember? Bonus points if you have a youtube link

Collymore vs Huddersfield:

[video=youtube;jYpmZuKBxxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpmZuKBxxY[/video]

Stan was brilliant but I am sure I remember him scoring an even better goal against Millwall at The Hall where he beat Rhino Stevens so easily he waited for him to catch up and beat him again before going on to score.

The best solo - dribble goal was Tommy Horsfall against York City at Roots Hall about 72-73 , he ran from the halway line beating various tackles to score , it was the only goal that he scored for us before he went of to Cambridge where he became a star player . There is no film of this goal you will just have to take the word of someone who has been watching Southend for 50 years .

I'll throw Ricky Otto's goal at Swindon in, while I rack my brains.

The one that sticks out for me is Eastwood against Oxford (I think) at Roots Hall during his first spell. Beat about three defenders, sold them a couple of dummys and then produced a brilliant finish to stick it away. Was a top class goal and I think it was at that point I realised he was really something special.

The video used to be on YouTube as it was in Scott's Freddy Eastwood tribute, but think he's taken it down!

David Crown vs Wigan in the late 80s, picked up the ball on the half way line beat 4 or 5 and smashed it in top corner in front of the North Bank. That goal has never left my memory, still say one of the best I have ever seen and in doing so Crowny became and remains one my all time favourite Sufc players

.....Great stuff and many thanks.

I expected him to still have the huge hairdo in the interview, though!

Back