• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There's never a bad time to be a Southend supporter. :stunned:

Supporting a team you have got to take the lows which in turn make the high's taste even better.

Supporting a team you have got to take the lows which in turn make the high's taste even better.

Brilliant!!!!! That is so true.

After "THAT" game with "THAT" goal at Gigg Lane in 1991 the emotional hordes spilled out onto the streets of Bury. A guy I really only knew from seeing at matches over the years came up to me with tears in his eyes eyes, hugged me and said "we bloody deserve this". He was correct and the feeling was so more powerful because of the all years of disappointment and at times..ridicule.

In eternal hope.

Great post but with some of the comments on here you would think that unless we go on a 20 match unbeaten run its all doom and gloom. Lets face it unless someone comes in and invests 50 million there will always be plenty lows but when we do get those highs like winning League 1 and beating ManU we enjoy them far more.

We had a team of star players ! Chris Powell, Spencer Prior, Dean Austin, Brett Angell, Benji, Pat Scully, Keith Jones, Sammy, Tilly, Ansah and Cornwell. No weak links. The remarkable thing about that team was the consistent team selection. Ten players made more than 40 League appearances !!!!

Spot on. Was sadly too young too understand how amazing the time was but personally no side has ever and probably will ever touch this side. The fact you can name the entire squad still speaks volumes.

Yes, let's pack the team with compliant donkeys because the current manager hasn't got the energy or presence to deal with the more talented extroverts (I wonder if someone had been helping him with this aspect of the job?) !! Someone will turn Mohsni into a talented and disciplined player.

No, I disagree. The only person who can turn Mohsni into a disciplined player is Mohsni. We know he's talented but if his presence and constant misbehaviour is affecting team spirit I want him gone. It's time now.

Just watched the league 2 & 1 promotion dvds to cheer myself up. Some of the football played in the build up to some of the goals was dream team football easpecially in lg1. Some of the passing from Kevin Maher was outstanding. Everyone remembers Eastwood as the main goalscorer as correct but no one remembers the 7 or 8 passes on the floor which led to the goal......pure class from all the team. Its seasons like that which make it and give you memories all worth while. Still gives me goosebumps :-)

Just watched the league 2 & 1 promotion dvds to cheer myself up. Some of the football played in the build up to some of the goals was dream team football easpecially in lg1. Some of the passing from Kevin Maher was outstanding. Everyone remembers Eastwood as the main goalscorer as correct but no one remembers the 7 or 8 passes on the floor which led to the goal......pure class from all the team. Its seasons like that which make it and give you memories all worth while. Still gives me goosebumps :-)

I can. And how right you are Westy. :happy:

Not only then but all thro the 45 years of supporting Southend. There have been great teams and bad teams in all that time. But I cant remember any that played such bad football as we have done this season and last. There again I am getting old. Last season, after all that had gone on I could put up with it, just, but this well, be honest its been pooh football. We can hardly string three passes together. Bit like in Alvin Martin and Alan Little times. I know were third, but imho from the games I have been to, we have had the rub of the green an awful lot. The quality players we do have, have no chance to properly shine due to the tactics we play at the min. Something has to change soon PLEASE.

Back