• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Following on from Mad Cyril's school lunchbox thread yesterday I am keen to find out what everyones best and worst lesson's were at school. In the interests of keeing it interesting PE is banned as a subject.

Best -

Hard to believe after my recent error but I loved History. Even though my teacher could hardly speak English I loved it. Especially the world war stuff.

Worst -

Religious Studies was without doubt the most pointless waste of time I have ever had. I dont think I could have been more bored. My teacher was a devout Christian and hated anyone that didnt share her passion for religion.

I personally spent most of my time in RS doing other lessons homework or chatting up various birds in class.

:confused:

I was at Private school, a Boarder Eeekkk.

Hated Music mainly because the master had a habit of pulling your ear and hair if you didn't listen to ever word he said.

Loved English..It's where I learnt to talk proper;)

I hated school and I missed a large chunk of the 2nd year but the best lessons were History, PE and German. We had a good teacher in German who a lot of people didn't like but I found him funny. For PE we had an ex-Blackburn Rovers player who kept his cartlidge in a jar, i hated him but just like playing football and cricket!

Worst was art becasue I'm crap at it and had no interest in the lesson, CDT (woodwork), HE (cooking), English Lit, Science. I say science because we never done anything cool with chemicals becasue they wouldn't allow to use them because most of the people at my school were ****ers.

Oh Marky we used to nick Magnesium ribbon and light it outside the school.

How scarey is that!:)

Best - English, because it came very very easily to me, plus for my last 2 years my teacher (Miss Knowles) was a hotty and she used to flirt mercilessly with me & my mate (I think looking back it was totally harmless but probably just her way of motivating us & getting us to work harder). This was before the days of A* grades but suffice to say I walked both my Language & Literature exams with Grade A's!

Worst - Art, I had no real talent for Art at all, but as I wanted to do German the school insisted I had to do Art instead of Technical Drawing (my choice) so it would fit into the timetable (my 2 GCSE years for German was actually a class of 5, me & my aforementioned partner-in-crime and 3 girls!). Anyway, having had to suffer 5 years of Art I can empathise with people who struggle with more technical subjects such as English & Maths. Because I was sh*te at it, I used to play up (which I guess is why lesser techincial-minded students do this in other subjects). It got so bad that my teacher (tee-hee she was called Mrs Corderoy) just let me take a camera out in each Art lesson to go & snap pics of stuff to try & get me out of the way! My GCSE portfolio was abysmal compared to a lot of my classmates, but I got a G grade (and still proud of it). Looking back, the thing that annoys me the most is I know now what kind of art I could do and would look half good (e.g. modern designs like Kandinsky & other shape based art you see for sale in Habitat/Ikea!)

Loved - History. Always had good teachers and even at degree level (where I studied Politics) enjoyed the more history-oriented modules I did.

Hated - Art. The teacher was a mad Irish bint who hated my guts. And I was crap at it.

Loved - History. Always had good teachers and even at degree level (where I studied Politics) enjoyed the more history-oriented modules I did.

Hated - Art. The teacher was a mad Irish bint who hated my guts. And I was crap at it.

my art teacher was salled Miss Soho and more than once did we open a cupboard to find loads of empty bottles of vodka, whisky, brake fluid you name it, it was in there.

I was so bad at art that I dropped out of it after a few weeks and they let me do homework in a double lesson, leaving my time free at home to play CM93/94 :finger:

Best - Maths, Physics, History, Geography, Metal/Wood work, PE.

Worst - English, French, German, Biology, Chemistry, Art.

Best: Geography, German, Drama and H.T (I was the only one in my class that managed to set fire to chocolate in the microwave :D )

Worst: History (We didnt learn about proper history at my school), D.T, Maths, English and R.E (Pointless subject)

All lessons were crap!

I simply went to the crappest school in Essex.

Back