• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Best XI from the Martin/Little/Newman (and Robson/Gooding era)

Best signings (loan and perm). Please no Webb signings, and before Wignall.

I'll start with King Kev, signed by Martin and Tinkler, signed by Little

Richard Jobson in defence. Only with us a short while but he was very good. or as good as someone can be amid all that dross.

It's much too difficult working out who Webb signed and didn't sign. I presume he signed Leon Cort, however I don't think he signed Jay Smith whose career was wrecked by that diabolical hack by Warren Goodhind.

Does Andy Woodman count? Simon Coleman was steady and Rob Newman himself was entertaining especially up front.
Scotty Houghton was a trier as well.

David Morley Gordon Connelly and Neil Campbell certainly don't get my vote though

It's much too difficult working out who Webb signed and didn't sign. I presume he signed Leon Cort, however I don't think he signed Jay Smith whose career was wrecked by that diabolical hack by Warren Goodhind.

Does Andy Woodman count? Simon Coleman was steady and Rob Newman himself was entertaining especially up front.
Scotty Houghton was a trier as well.

David Morley Gordon Connelly and Neil Campbell certainly don't get my vote though

And he was just getting himself settled in the team and showing some promise. :sad:

Really liked Jay Smith, looked a real gem until the injuries plagued him. Such a shame.

Right, let's do this.

Capleton
Beard Cort Jobson Nathan Jones
Tinkler Maher Smith Forbes
Carruthers Tolson?

that second striker was really hard. I feel like i'm missing someone.

Bench to include Sada N'Daya,Regis Cobault, Trevor Fitzpatrick, Ben Smith (? the centre back, scored a goal against Fulham, that's not bad for inclusion).
err, I'm struggling now

Great question Naps. It's only when you look back and realise just how very, VERY poor our side was... yet every season I remember being injected with hope...
Adrian Clarke and Mark Rawle I would add to the above names. Maybe Ian Selley as well?

Great question Naps. It's only when you look back and realise just how very, VERY poor our side was... yet every season I remember being injected with hope...
Adrian Clarke and Mark Rawle I would add to the above names. Maybe Ian Selley as well?

Mark Rawle was pure dogs egg.

Always liked him and also Brian Barry-Murphy when he came in on loan.

1997 - 2003 was a bit of a grey area for me, as was busy getting married and having kids... must have been to RH no more than a couple of times a season during that era. I resurfaced when Tilson took over.

I do remember Barrington Belgrave from this time, although not sure if he was signed by Webby or Newman?

When did Leon Constantine come into the club? Was he not brought in by Newman? Also thought Gower joined mid-2003 when Newman was in the seat? And didn't Flahavan leave and come back under him as well?

I'll get me coat...

Adrian Clarke was good, I remember him scoring that corking shot cutting in from the left on to his right in the 4-4.
I wondered about Darryl and who signed him first. Class act

Adrian Clarke was good, I remember him scoring that corking shot cutting in from the left on to his right in the 4-4.
I wondered about Darryl and who signed him first. Class act

That 4-4 game against York was a bonkers game of football! It was a few days before Christmas and it could have ended 10-10. If I recall correctly York equalised in injury time. 2 days later big Neville Southall was signed and he made his debut in a 1-1 draw away at Brentford on Boxing Day. Simon Royce was furious as he made way!

Wignall I think signed Constantine.

1996 was the first year I started going to games properly. I didn't see us finish in the top half of any division for eight years. And people wonder why I am a pessimist.

I would certainly have N'diaye nowhere near a best squad as he was totally dire. I liked Coulbault though, he scored some decent goals if I remember rightly. Aside from Carruthers I can't really think of any decent strikers we had in that period. Tolson would have been fine if he hadn't been permanently injured.

Leo Roget was my favourite player of the time and would certainly be in there.

1997 - 2003 was a bit of a grey area for me, as was busy getting married and having kids... must have been to RH no more than a couple of times a season during that era. I resurfaced when Tilson took over.

I do remember Barrington Belgrave from this time, although not sure if he was signed by Webby or Newman?

When did Leon Constantine come into the club? Was he not brought in by Newman? Also thought Gower joined mid-2003 when Newman was in the seat? And didn't Flahavan leave and come back under him as well?

I'll get me coat...

Belgrave was Webb. Leon was Wignall. Gower was Wignall. Flahavan signed under Webb, left under Wignall and came back under Tilson.

Newman signed Jay Smith though.

Back