• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best XI to have made their debut for Blues

Thats what I was thinking when I checked this morning. How did anyone at Palace not realise what they had? I know Wright/Bright were in front of him, but jeez... walks into our side and is instantly a superstar and as you say, was so clear he had all the tools already at that age.

Well, they played him on the wing, and Coppell was manager.

I'd suggest Leon Cort or Paul Clark at centre-half.

Webby signed Cort after he'd been released by Millwall and gave him his league debut. He went onto play Premiership football and be transferred for a seven figure sum.

There are also some loanees in the mix - Dorian Dervite was as classy a defender as I've seen but his subsequent career didn't quite live up to his early promise with us. European Championships star Hal Robson Kanu made his football league debut for Southend away at Orient - he'd have presumably been up against Jason Demetriou that day.

I'd suggest Leon Cort or Paul Clark at centre-half.

Webby signed Cort after he'd been released by Millwall and gave him his league debut. He went onto play Premiership football and be transferred for a seven figure sum.

There are also some loanees in the mix - Dorian Dervite was as classy a defender as I've seen but his subsequent career didn't quite live up to his early promise with us. European Championships star Hal Robson Kanu made his football league debut for Southend away at Orient - he'd have presumably been up against Jason Demetriou that day.

HKR's debut

Leyton Orient 2-2 Southend
Jabo Ibehre's late goal earned Leyton Orient a point in a pulsating game.
Wayne Corden struck a post for the O's early on but the visitors took the lead when Orient failed to clear a cross and Lee Barnard scrambled the ball home.
Adam Boyd drew Orient level from the spot after Simon Francis handled but Southend regained the lead when Peter Clarke unleashed a superb 30-yard shot.
Tamika Mkandawire hit the bar for the O's before Ibehre struck, heading home Charlie Daniels' cross in injury-time.

Leyton Orient: Nelson, Purches, Saah, Mkandawire, Daniels, Melligan (Gray 67), Demetriou, Terry, Corden (Ibehre 68), Boyd, Barcham.
Subs Not Used: Morris, Oji, Palmer.
Booked: Demetriou.
Goals: Boyd 51 pen, Ibehre 90.
Southend: Flahavan, Francis, Barrett, Clarke, Mulgrew, Black (Robson-Kanu 78), McCormack, Bailey, Gower, Barnard (MacDonald 46), Revell.
Subs Not Used: Collis, Hunt, Moussa.
Booked: Gower, Flahavan.
Goals: Barnard 27, Clarke 56.
Att: 6,886

Demitriou might have been in midfield.

HKR's debut

Leyton Orient 2-2 Southend
Jabo Ibehre's late goal earned Leyton Orient a point in a pulsating game.
Wayne Corden struck a post for the O's early on but the visitors took the lead when Orient failed to clear a cross and Lee Barnard scrambled the ball home.
Adam Boyd drew Orient level from the spot after Simon Francis handled but Southend regained the lead when Peter Clarke unleashed a superb 30-yard shot.
Tamika Mkandawire hit the bar for the O's before Ibehre struck, heading home Charlie Daniels' cross in injury-time.

Leyton Orient: Nelson, Purches, Saah, Mkandawire, Daniels, Melligan (Gray 67), Demetriou, Terry, Corden (Ibehre 68), Boyd, Barcham.
Subs Not Used: Morris, Oji, Palmer.
Booked: Demetriou.
Goals: Boyd 51 pen, Ibehre 90.
Southend: Flahavan, Francis, Barrett, Clarke, Mulgrew, Black (Robson-Kanu 78), McCormack, Bailey, Gower, Barnard (MacDonald 46), Revell.
Subs Not Used: Collis, Hunt, Moussa.
Booked: Gower, Flahavan.
Goals: Barnard 27, Clarke 56.
Att: 6,886

Demitriou might have been in midfield.

4 Shrimpers in that Orient team... Mkandawire, Demetriou, Ibehre and Morris

Back