• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Xmas present ever?

In the words of Victor Meldrew, I literally could not BELIEEEVE it when I saw this piece for sale on Amazon. I had only just said to my husband the previous night as we were worming the dog that I wished I could have a canvas print of Paul Ross sitting in a wicker chair, fingers entwined, possibly contemplating a second pie.

Tonight I am going to wish that we had a life size cut out of Vernon Kay eating a biscuit out of a shoe and pray that the Gods of amazon hear that too!

Lol those reviews are brilliant :D

I have just purchased 3 - one for my parents' front room, one for the nursery of my unborn child, and the third to donate to the SZ raffle. The gift that keeps on giving.

For years I have scoured the internet searching for various Paul Ross affiliated memorabilia but never have I unearthed such a poignant reminder of the majestic beauty that is the one and only Paul Ross. Amazon, I salute you for bringing this truly remarkable work of art to my attention.

Along my travels of the vast cyber kingdom of the internet, I have acquired items such as The Official Paul Ross Superking Size Bedspread (my ladyfriend is probably more fond of this item than I am!), Envy and Other Sins (Why Can't I Be My Brother?) - the offcial autobiography of Paul Ross, which provided a deep insight into Mr Ross' battle to refrain from displaying his utter contempt for his far more successful sibling. All of them pale in significance when compared to my 20 inch print of the king of all that is Ross.

I have contacted the manufacturers of this item enquiring as to whether they will be able to provide a 40 inch version of this exquisite display of hand clasping as I believe that it would look rather fetching in the space that my 40 inch LCD television currently inhabits. Television will no longer be required with such beatiful imagery adorning my living room wall, and I am prepared to pay any price to bring this dream to fruition. I await their response with baited breath.

For now, however, my 20 inch version will remain the centrepiece of my art collection and the main focal point at dinner parties I host for my chums and I to reflect on times past that we have shared thanks to my number one celebrity and his oh so sweet little chubby face.

Amazon and MirrorPrintStore, god bless you.

I can't recommend this picture of entertainer Paul Ross enough. I, like you, am an ardent fan of his effortless presenting style - the way he reads the autocue like a poet reading Wordsworth; his intimate interview questions that probe deeper than a million Parkinsons ever could; the chilling way he brings horror stories to life, his voice a beautiful yet terrifying portal to a mystifying otherworld.

But these fine qualities are not why I recommend this picture. There's a much more significant, deeper reason.

You see, my house is haunted. It has been for years. My hallways chill at the drop of a hat. Pipes moan and groan with the anguish of a thousand souls. Sometimes my curtains move. It's like living in one of the horrifying stories from his Big Black Book.

One day, I decided to escape the bone-chilling terror of my home-life to attend a market fair in a small hamlet two towns over. Among the assorted trinkets and toys, I felt drawn to one stall in particular. The owner, a wizened gentleman of around 90 years, told me he sensed in me feelings he'd not felt for aeons. This led him to show me his most prized asset - an item he swore he'd never sell until the Gods showed him the way.

I think you know what that item was.

When I returned home, I hung this picture above my haunted fireplace. Almost immediately, I felt the cold disappearing. The curtains stopped twitching. The pipes stopped moaning. I felt sure that this picture of Paul Ross expelled the demons from my home - I don't know why and I don't know how, but I can only thank Mr. Ross from the bottom of my heart.

I urge you, dear reader, to bathe in the warmth of Paul's chubby glow. My heart is at peace now - I only wish the same for you.

:D

Back