• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best young players in Europe

One big factor is that the other countries have their top young players playing and all ours get pulled from the squad because its beneath them.

Saying that, Im not a fan of Stuart Pearce and really dont know how he has managed to stay in the FA for so long.

Also, whenever an English young player does well for his club he is then hyped up by the media and begged to get thrown into the full national squad.

Will limiting the number of foreigners in the Premier league help? Maybe, but with the "premium" for English players forcing prices up already I am sure it will just make it worse. £35m for Carroll and then moving to West Ham for £15m, it is easy to see why clubs like Newcastle look at non-English players when they pick up players like Demba Ba for very little.

I think English clubs need foreigners to not only give us a level to be aiming for, but to learn from them and help our own style and knowledge. It is clear to everyone that the typical English player lacks the same ability and comfortability that players in other countries have. While teams like Brazil, Spain and Italy can keep possession easily with everyone wanting to have the ball, but with England it is like watching 11 players playing with a hot potato with the aim to get it forward as quickly as possible.

An example of foreign influence is Wilshere, at a club surrounded by players who are comfortable on the ball and he would have learnt from these players.

We have had a lot of foreign players here for a decade. Whilst having good foreign players has helped our English young players learn technically the fact is very few of them actually play at the top level.

It has seriously damaged our international side and no other country has the same issue.

Spain,Germany and Italy have more homegrown players in their leagues AND their players play abroad, very few of ours do.

I agree, we should put a rule in place but this needs to be done carefully and over a period of time. What I believe the real issue is that there is no incentive for clubs to produce players. How this is implemented is a tough one. The EPPP will help development of players as it will force the top clubs to have good facilities and give them lots of coaching time with players.

I believe that home grown talent has to come from us (obviously) and don't think that last comment of yours really applies. Last night, Italy's starting line up all played for Italian clubs. When Spain played the other day, all their starting line up play for Spanish clubs.

Back