• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Bentley
Edwards Prior Roget McSweeney
Clark
Kightly Ferdinand P. Smith Moussa
S. Brown

Subs Capelton, Cross, Payne, Ademano, Lawson

Anyone I've missed?

Johnny Herd and Alex Woodyard were clearly surplus to requirements. I hope Ted Smith, Jack Bridge and MrsBlue's favourite make this list in future.

No Lockwood as he never played for us.

Bentley
Clark
S. Brown

Anyone I've missed?

Johnny Herd and Alex Woodyard were clearly surplus to requirements. I hope Ted Smith, Jack Bridge and MrsBlue's favourite make this list in future.

Where is Peter Taylor .

Not sure what formation I'd employ with this lop-sided XI, but I think they are the best eleven home-grown youngsters I can recall us fielding ;
Bentley, Edwards, Prior, Roget, Clark, Pennyfather, Payne, Moussa, Smith.N, Taylor, Nelson.

Danny Kerrigan, John Piekalnietis, Warren May, John Keeley... oh hang on, you said the BEST Youth team XI. Soz.

But you have missed Steve Dyer, played 67 times, decent right back in the 70's, Dave Barnett, centre half in early 70's, Frankie Banks (yes really - came through the juniors, played 5 times before going to Hull and then coming back when he played 86 times), Peter Hunt, a midfielder in the 70's, keeper Sean Rafter, full back Phil Dudley who played over 100 times, Jeff Hull, Adrian Owers, Scott Ashenden and Steve Brown (both played in the Collymore era - I think Brown scored on Stan's debut) and Stuart O'Keefe, now a Prem player. Plus probably loads more.

Danny Kerrigan, John Piekalnietis, Warren May, John Keeley... oh hang on, you said the BEST Youth team XI. Soz.

But you have missed Steve Dyer, played 67 times, decent right back in the 70's, Dave Barnett, centre half in early 70's, Frankie Banks (yes really - came through the juniors, played 5 times before going to Hull and then coming back when he played 86 times), Peter Hunt, a midfielder in the 70's, keeper Sean Rafter, full back Phil Dudley who played over 100 times, Jeff Hull, Adrian Owers, Scott Ashenden and Steve Brown (both played in the Collymore era - I think Brown scored on Stan's debut) and Stuart O'Keefe, now a Prem player. Plus probably loads more.

Championship.....now with Cardiff city...

I may have missed the others but Scott Ashenden was terrible and Steve Brown was up front in my XI!

Bentley
Clark
S. Brown

Anyone I've missed?

Bit harsh on Johnny Herd when he made 40 odd appearances when you have Ademano on the bench, who only played in 4 games!

Some good names from the past

Drastic™;1768737 said:
Bit harsh on Johnny Herd when he made 40 odd appearances when you have Ademano on the bench, who only played in 4 games!

Ademano probably carved out a better career than Herd - he established himself as a good conference player and even made it back to the football league before he suffered injuries - whilst Herd had to drop down below the conference to establish himself.

Anyway, as Chrisb has pointed out it was Justin Edinburgh I forgot:facepalm:

Back