• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bets for the new season

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Had a few long shots

Had Mooney top scorer in league £10 at 50/1

Had Assombalonga top scorer in Championship £20 at 16/1

Had Chelmsford city to win the league £50 at 10/1 (really fancy that one big takeover has just been approved and they are paying very good wages)

Leicester to be relegated £10 at 40/1 (had that at the end of the season 14/1 now!)

Also on Assombalonga. If he is fully over his injury he is the best in that league.

Also had a go on the SUFC trixie: Britt, Cox, Corr. Won't win but still.

Also on Assombalonga. If he is fully over his injury he is the best in that league.

Worth a shot

I think Dwight Gayle has a good shot at the Championship top scorer as well as Britt and I was tempted to have a tenner on Christian Assombalonga as top National league scorer at 16/1

E/W L15...

Chelsea
Sheffield Wednesday
Millwall
Orient

Sunderland to be relegated (less happy with this now Moyes is in charge)
Swansea to be relegated
Norwich top six finish in the Championship

Yet to put mine on (leaving it late) but after having money on Leicester to go down last season I'm not sure I should bother.

Paddy Power have a good offer on at the moment - if you place a £25 bet on the Premier League top goalscorer you get a free £2 bet for every goal they score. In other words, if they score more than 12 goals it's effectively a free bet.

Newcastle to get more than 100 points could be worth a punt too with the squad that they've assembled.

Paddy Power have a good offer on at the moment - if you place a £25 bet on the Premier League top goalscorer you get a free £2 bet for every goal they score. In other words, if they score more than 12 goals it's effectively a free bet.

That Paddy Power offer was for a £20 bet last year - it clearly cost them! I didn't win the bet, but got a good few free bets from my punt on Alexis Sánchez.

That Paddy Power offer was for a £20 bet last year - it clearly cost them! I didn't win the bet, but got a good few free bets from my punt on Alexis Sánchez.

I bet on Wayne Rooney on that bet. I didn't get many free bets. :(

I've not backed much this year, just a cheeky accumulator on Man United, Norwich, Sheffield United, Luton and Celtic.

Gone for an acca on the four divisions plus the national league:

Man U/Newcastle/Charlton/Luton/Eastleigh

10k for a £1 bet.

Did a couple of others before the weekend...

Top six finish (top seven for L2):

Brighton / Coventry / Plymouth

Win yankee:

Newcastle/Hibs/Alloa/Clyde

danger of these bets are that he gets snapped up in January...

E/W L15...

Chelsea
Sheffield Wednesday
Millwall
Orient

Sunderland to be relegated (less happy with this now Moyes is in charge)
Swansea to be relegated
Norwich top six finish in the Championship

Leo - what's the popular season bets from what you have seen?

prem winners? top scorer?

Leo - what's the popular season bets from what you have seen?

prem winners? top scorer?

I'm not working for an operator any more - I'm supplier side, so don't really get to see as much detail as I used to. I can really only go on what I see in the media and keeping an eye on market moves.

Newcastle have been well backed in (9/2 at the end of last season), while lots of people appear to fancy Norwich and Millwall.

Hibernian very popular in Scotland - odds against at the start of August, well odds on now.

Can you not see the tweet? refers to how they aren't seeing much action on Arsenal for the PL.

Role's not that new - I left Ladbrokes two years ago!

No - but I don't have access to Twitter here...

I haven't been around much the last few years to be fair. My posts are from some time ago! But, I would still like to know if you are enjoying your role.

Back