• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Better without Freddy,you're having a laugh

Prodigal Son

Manager
My heart sank with the non-appearance of Freddy from the tunnel today.Now I know he has been much debated on this site in recent times, and according to the well informed good people of ShrimperZone our most successful stiker is allegedly an unfaithful,womanising,drunken,late for training,lazy,gypsy fighting no-good, but today proved that we have been a one man team for the last two seasons.

Oh how we missed him as ex-Yeovil's fourth choice striker did his best.

So to the anti-Freddy brigade you are sure going to miss him when he is gone.

My heart sank with the non-appearance of Freddy from the tunnel today.Now I know he has been much debated on this site in recent times, and according to the well informed good people of ShrimperZone our most successful stiker is allegedly an unfaithful,womanising,drunken,late for training,lazy,gypsy fighting no-good, but today proved that we have been a one man team for the last two seasons.

Oh how we missed him as ex-Yeovil's fourth choice striker did his best.

So to the anti-Freddy brigade you are sure going to miss him when he is gone.

Let's hope he's fit for Plymouth.

Got to my seat at about 2pm to see Freddy sitting in the dugout in his casuals. Straight away it sounded out trouble. Summed up when Barnsley's 2 best players rose from the dead and also appeared.

When asked how his back was he said it was alright and he seemed to be moving around pretty comfortably. John Salako had a good 10-15 min conversation with him, no doubt saying "I can get you a move to this club, so and so wants to sign you etc". :rolleyes:

When asked how his back was he said it was alright and he seemed to be moving around pretty comfortably.

We might as well have had him on the bench then today. If there was the slightest chance he might have been able to give us a few minutes, it would have been a risk worth taking in my opinion. No we are not a one man team, but he has the ability to change the game and, with all due respect to the guy, Lee Bradbury is most definitely not capable of doing that.

Don't know if this was on the radio , but I heard that Fred had to go to hospital at 7am for a painkilling injection . Don't suppose the Club could take a chance on selecting him after that .

He did indeed have an injection this morning, which I assume is why he wasn't risked. He didn't seem in any discomfort hopping up and over the seats in the dugout a few times though.

Shame he didn't play, even more so as Colgan can't catch a cold and Freddy might have just been there to knock a rebound or two in unlike the half asleep Foran and Harrold. :rolleyes:

My heart sank with the non-appearance of Freddy from the tunnel today.

Exactly the same feeling mate :( I thought it long before today but fact is we are harmless to defenders without Eastwood, today proved that beyond doubt (even the Preston game was won from midfield). When he goes he MUST be well-replaced by at LEAST one prolific marksman.

Last edited:
Any team would stuggle with out there top scorer.....and any team would strugge without there top assist.... an any team would stuggle without there star player..... and we missed all 3 of those today in Freddy Eastwood

Hope we werent looking at next years team out on the pitch today, because league one will not be the stroll in the park some people seem to think it will be, and without Mr Eastwood we will struggle there. We have not got one decent striker apart from Eastwood at the club and could do with shipping the lot out asap Am I right in thinking Harrold is on a 3 year contract if he is why were we so quick to offer him such a deal no-one is gonna want to buy him. Some-one at the club must have mug stamped on their head

Just looking at the bench made me go all queasy :(

Have to admit once we went 2 down thought who do we have who can change the game from the bench - if Lee Bradbury (with a massive 3 league goals) is the only slight attacking option then it shows how poor our options are.

Not having Eastwood around wasn't the problem. Not having a poacher to choose from when we have two perfectly competent and pacey opportunists out on loan is a disaster.

Two ?

Please dont say Paynter.

We do need a poacher, Freddy is too one dimensional, however we missed him incredibly today. When we are playing poorly you know Freddy can create something out of nothing, you just couldnt see a goal coming from our strikers today and it took Adam Barrett to get us the goal.

We definitely missed him today, you always get the feeling he can create a chance out of nothing and that's what we needed before we went behind, if we'd got the first goal it all would've been different I think.

Not having Eastwood around wasn't the problem. Not having a poacher to choose from when we have two perfectly competent and pacey opportunists out on loan is a disaster.

Who are the competent and pacey opportunists we have out on loan?

Two ?

Please dont say Paynter.

We do need a poacher, Freddy is too one dimensional, however we missed him incredibly today. When we are playing poorly you know Freddy can create something out of nothing, you just couldnt see a goal coming from our strikers today and it took Adam Barrett to get us the goal.

No point in having a poacher if you don't give them service.

Paynter, Harrold, Bradbury and Eastwood have all been blamed for our lack of goals because they are crap and/or lazy.

Has it not occured to anyone that the problem might be a lack of creativity?

Two ?

Please dont say Paynter.

why not?! he is the only one of southends strikers that is scoring atm! admittedly it is in a league lower but i would rather have him playing then harrold or foran! both looked very poor and out of their depth! I still believe we havent seen the best of paynter yet!

Back