• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Betting in Non League Football - Bowers and Pitsea

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
In todays Echo its states that several Bowers and Pitsea players plus the manger have been investigated regarding numerous betting activities, so where do you stand on non league betting , personally i think the bookies have made a rod for their own back by offering odds on lower non league teams, when i was briefly involved in the NL scene all players knew everyone else's goings on's and it could be easy to manipulate, more so than the professional game IMO.

It didn;t state whether the B&P lads had been betting on NL or Professional games but would seem a little harsh if they are getting done for the latter, a couple of these lads may work in the Financial sector and wonder if this will have an impact on their jobs etc .

More fool them. So saying, I don’t think betting companies should be offering odds on anything Non-League related.

Few years back it was known that a certain club had money issues and the whole first team went on strike and they were forced to play a mixture of their U18 and 21's,the bookies were unaware .
Not sure who got beaten more the bookies or the team in question !!

I 'm not sure the bookies know much so you can get some great odds if you are early enough. Like you say most players in the leagues know what is happening at other clubs, I got 25/1 on Dorking to win the Isthmian premier a couple of years ago, everyone was telling me they'd **** it and they did.

That’s just it, the bookies no nothing of the NL. Majority of the time their odds appear based on pure guesswork.

Bookies will create a market on anything these days. In the grand scale of betting income the NL is very very small-fry. As I said, they know zilch about NL and the clubs.

It will be profitable, they soon adjust the odds when money goes on. I've been told Brentwood Town this season , despite them being in the same league as Tamplin's Romford (he's lost the plot again apparently). Just waiting for someone to offer odds, Bet Victor usually offer Isthmian league odds but nothing yet

Nah, it’s peanuts In reality and they don’t soon adjust the odds in the way you might think. They take a far more simplistic approach to NL ‘cos they don’t follow or research it in the same amount as detail as done for the professional game.

Oddschecker used to be a good source for NL odds, even then the variation between the various bookies prices / selected favourites was very noticeable and no consistency between them.

It will be profitable, they soon adjust the odds when money goes on. I've been told Brentwood Town this season , despite them being in the same league as Tamplin's Romford (he's lost the plot again apparently). Just waiting for someone to offer odds, Bet Victor usually offer Isthmian league odds but nothing yet
Brentwood highly doubt it. My punt would be on Aveley or Canvey.

Brentwood highly doubt it. My punt would be on Aveley or Canvey.
I don't know personally, but I had a few people who play/coach at that level and they say they have a decent squad. Same guys told me maldon last season, unfortunately that one was a void despite them pi55ing it

Back