• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bromley Blue

The artist formerly known as the_saafender
After reading through the endless drivel on the Oxford United forum after last night's game, I thought I'd have a look and see if we'd got a mention on the Preston equivalent.

One of our fans had asked for pub recommendations in a thread and the Preston fans seemed a fairly friendly bunch and seemed convinced we're in with a great chance of an upset. I had a look on the excellent stats.football365.com and looking at overall form its fair to say that Preston are on a real downer and some fans are calling for Phil Brown's head.

With us flying at the mo we look a decent shout for the upset at 11/4 but I have a horrendous betting history and don't want to place the bet as it will (at least in my head) ensure that this doesn't happen. Of course me placing the bet has no influence on the result (unlike those bets on Pakistan's cricket team) so its pure superstition.

Similarly whenever my Dad accompanies me to Roots Hall we always seem to get a poor result which has led me to re-think asking him along recently. Absolutely crazy but the last time he came was Burton at home!

Is anyone else this superstitious and if so how?

Not superstitious as such but i never have and indeed never will put a bet on Southend to either win or lose a match as we are perrennial "coupon busters"

That said a few years back me and a few mates used to all put a tenner in at the seasons start to win the league, this ran from sometime in the mid to late 90s up till the end of the 2004/05 season when, having won the play offs, we gave it up as a bit of a waste of money :dim:

Back