• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Lads

Can I pick your brains a second.

Long story short but I always have £100 at the start of the football season I a betting account and I see what I can turn it into. One season I took £500 out of the account before losing the rest. Normally I get nothing.

Last week I opened an account with Betfair for a change. They offered me a free first matched bet so I backed Swansea for £30 to beat Malmo (they did 4-0). Anyway Betfair owned me a free bet but didn't give it me. I wrote in and complained and they said sorry and now have given me two free £30 bets.

So I now have x2 free bets to use.

I worked this out looking at tomorrows fixtures (bare with me). For your information I am using decimal odds

Home side - 2.45
Draw - 3.1
Away side - 2.85

So I though if I did as follow

Home side £10 bet from my own money - £24.50 return
Draw - £30 using free bet = £93 (minus £30 free bet) = £63 profit
away - £30 using free bet = £85.50 (minus £30 free bet = £55.50 profit

So I worked out for £10 maximum loss I can win between £24.50 and £63.

Am I missing something here? I assume you can back all outcomes?

Could even back some Tennis where there are only two possible outcomes?

Thoughts????

Yes, this does work. But don't place both bets with betfair, find another bookies to place the matched bet with. Ideally you want to find some arbitrage bets.

Betfair is an exchange so you can both buy and sell ie you can bet against the home win.

Tennis isn't quite two possible outcomes as players withdraw injured and different bookies have different rules if that happens. Tennis is as dodgy as **** and players regularly withdraw "injured". They have quite a few games with suspicious betting activity.

You can probably find another bookies easily enough who'll offer you free bets if you open an account with them. Open an account with them and place bets on two matches with them, then two matched bets with betfair on the opposite result.

You can probably find another bookies easily enough who'll offer you free bets if you open an account with them. Open an account with them and place bets on two matches with them, then two matched bets with betfair on the opposite result.

All getting a bit complicated for a simple IFA like me. You only get one free bet normally so I need to open accounts with two more bookies. Think I have used the main ones to get free bets in the past too...

Cheers

Tennis isn't quite two possible outcomes as players withdraw injured and different bookies have different rules if that happens. Tennis is as dodgy as **** and players regularly withdraw "injured". They have quite a few games with suspicious betting activity.

I'm not aware of any players having been sanctioned due to this YB. Do you have any proof?

With the free bets you might need to check with Betfair's T&Cs. Not sure on Betfair, but I know plenty of betting companies are getting hauled in front of the ASA lately for advertising free bets that actually require you to roll them over a ludicrous amount of times before you can withdraw. Bet365 are a nightmare for this in particular.

With the free bets you might need to check with Betfair's T&Cs. Not sure on Betfair, but I know plenty of betting companies are getting hauled in front of the ASA lately for advertising free bets that actually require you to roll them over a ludicrous amount of times before you can withdraw. Bet365 are a nightmare for this in particular.

yeah was going to say this, you won't ever actually see the money from any free bet winnings unless you stick with that company and bet a lot.

If you put £30 on the home win then your minimum profit is going to be £24.50 whatever happens. Obviously as others have stated, in terms of number of times you have to place the free bets, a home win would be your banker as that would be £75 profit straight up plus your stake back that you can take away there and then. Any way you do it though seems a winner to me...

I'm not aware of any players having been sanctioned due to this YB. Do you have any proof?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/13608639

The reason why I mentioned it is because Betfair refused to pay out on a (different) tennis match, approx 5 years ago, as they thought it was fixed. This was unprecedented, although it may have happened in snooker since.

Numerous other tennis matches have been flagged as suspicious
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Integrity-in-tennis.pdf
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/exclusive-wimbledon-on-high-alert-over-suspected-matchfixing-rings-1707744.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/13608639

The reason why I mentioned it is because Betfair refused to pay out on a (different) tennis match, approx 5 years ago, as they thought it was fixed. This was unprecedented, although it may have happened in snooker since.

Numerous other tennis matches have been flagged as suspicious
http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Integrity-in-tennis.pdf
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/exclusive-wimbledon-on-high-alert-over-suspected-matchfixing-rings-1707744.html

First time I've seen this. Cheers.

Back