• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

David CROWN of thorns

Hmm. Must do better. Immediately thought of Prior and Abbey but they would only work for an ecclesiastical XI.

(Pope) John Paul Kalala

Jean Francios Christ(ophe)

Simon Francis (of Assisi)

Adam Barrett aka God

Any of the starting XI yesterday who tried to walk on water

Got a defence of Mark Phillips, Luke Prosser and John White. Shame Matthew Lockwood never joined!

I had something similar with a midfield of Luke Guttridge, Mark Bentley and John Cornwell but just can't get a Matthew!

I've looked back through the records that i have to when i started watching the blues and the best 'Matthew' i can find, to complete your Apostolic defence/midfield is:

David Mathews
Frank Mathews

Personally I don't recognise either name!

Frank played a handful of matches each season between 65/66 and 67/68. He is shown as playing No.3, therefore left back.

David only appeared during the 88/89 season, never starting but was named as sub ten times coming on in five matches. David emerged in the second season of two subs which makes his position even hard to guess!

I know not very helpful but quite interesting if you haven't got anything else to do apart from sleep.

Goodnight...

I've looked back through the records that i have to when i started watching the blues and the best 'Matthew' i can find, to complete your Apostolic defence/midfield is:

David Mathews
Frank Mathews

Personally I don't recognise either name!

Frank played a handful of matches each season between 65/66 and 67/68. He is shown as playing No.3, therefore left back.

David only appeared during the 88/89 season, never starting but was named as sub ten times coming on in five matches. David emerged in the second season of two subs which makes his position even hard to guess!

I know not very helpful but quite interesting if you haven't got anything else to do apart from sleep.

Goodnight...

I think David Mathews was a striker, signed from non-league football, maybe Basildon United?
Might have him confused with someone else.

(Pope) John Paul Kalala

Jean Francios Christ(ophe)

Simon Francis (of Assisi)

Adam Barrett aka God

Any of the starting XI yesterday who tried to walk on water

I would respectfully suggest that Sir Stanley Collymore has already claimed that lofty title !

Matthew (Matt) Harold dropping in as the player maker.....:winking:
I had something similar with a midfield of Luke Guttridge, Mark Bentley and John Cornwell but just can't get a Matthew!

I think David Mathews was a striker, signed from non-league football, maybe Basildon United?
Might have him confused with someone else.
He was and still is a strker-Veterans league!Not the tallest,he did make one first team start-at Molyneux!

Team managed by Ernie Shepherd of course!

Keeping to the Epiphany theme, Bobby King and Steve Lamb

Told a colleague about this - he's a former tabloid journo so loves a pun related headline and was always a huge Brett Angell fan for that very reason.

He said - are you hoping that Brown will be out of a Job soon?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Back