• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

bid

He might be in the last year of his contract but he will be under 24 when his contract expires so we will get something for him if he moves at the end of his contract I given the offers that have already been turned down for him I'd expect it to be more than £50k.

If he does move I'd expect him to go to Donny

He might be in the last year of his contract but he will be under 24 when his contract expires so we will get something for him if he moves at the end of his contract I given the offers that have already been turned down for him I'd expect it to be more than £50k.

If he does move I'd expect him to go to Donny

the comp for an u24 is based on what you’ve put into his development and progress to get to his value now.

Based on him joining us at 22 (?) having been coached and invested in by Fulham and several loans I’m not sure how it will be valued as to Southend’s contribution? how many games has he played for us, 25/30?

you are correct in that there will be a comp fee for an u24 but it won’t be worth much and very much doubt it would outweigh a potential transfer fee

Reactions: GBJ
the comp for an u24 is based on what you’ve put into his development and progress to get to his value now.

Based on him joining us at 22 (?) having been coached and invested in by Fulham and several loans I’m not sure how it will be valued as to Southend’s contribution? how many games has he played for us, 25/30?

you are correct in that there will be a comp fee for an u24 but it won’t be worth much and very much doubt it would outweigh a potential transfer fee
Spot on, its all about who and how the developed for you before the age of 24. While there wa son fee involved, i also believe we have to pay on 30% of any fee to Fulham so our compo would be small after that has been taken into account.

Barrow fan here. From what I've seen on YouTube he looks a very decent player? I've also heard we've signed him but with my realistic goggles on I can't see how or why he'd come to us? Surely better offers there

Barrow fan here. From what I've seen on YouTube he looks a very decent player? I've also heard we've signed him but with my realistic goggles on I can't see how or why he'd come to us? Surely better offers there
Meant to be getting announced at the same time as Platt

Meant to be getting announced at the same time as Platt

Is your avatar the Barrow club badge?

1595939725366.png

That's pretty random - it looks like one of those picture word puzzles from years back.

Is the submarine some sort reference to relegation.

Not sure about the wasp on a stick, floral wreath or steering wheel from an Austin Allegro.

Last edited:

To be fair all players look decent on YouTube! Pleased to see you come up by the way, went to your ground a few years back for a look around when up in the Lakes. Proper old-school ground, plus I hear some improvements are under way, new stand?

Is your avatar the Barrow club badge?

View attachment 12576

It's pretty random - it looks like one of those picture word puzzles from years back.

Is the submarine some sort reference to relegation.

Not sure about the wasp on a stick, floral wreath or steering wheel from an Austin Allegro.
the submarine is because the Barrow shipyard build all Britains submarines.
The wasp on a stick is actually a Bee on an arrow.... B Arrow... Barrow
The floral wreath is actually the "red rose symbol of Lancashire"
The Austin Allegro steering wheel is actually an Austin Maestro steering wheel. close though....

To be fair all players look decent on YouTube! Pleased to see you come up by the way, went to your ground a few years back for a look around when up in the Lakes. Proper old-school ground, plus I hear some improvements are under way, new stand?
Roof going on the Holker Street end at present. Fanzone building being completed at the ether end of the ground.

the submarine is because the Barrow shipyard build all Britains submarines.
The wasp on a stick is actually a Bee on an arrow.... B Arrow... Barrow
The floral wreath is actually the "red rose symbol of Lancashire"
The Austin Allegro steering wheel is actually an Austin Maestro steering wheel. close though....
Was your badge designed by Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin?

"Bee. Arrow. B-arrow. Barrow. And then you have a steering wheel. Take away 'steering' and you have 'wheel'. Yes, you've won a wheel barrow. A submersible wheel barrow, ideal when you're potting... you've got it... red roses."

Was your badge designed by Ted Rogers and Dusty Bin?

"Bee. Arrow. B-arrow. Barrow. And then you have a steering wheel. Take away 'steering' and you have 'wheel'. Yes, you've won a wheel barrow. A submersible wheel barrow, ideal when you're potting... you've got it... red roses."
Barrow_in_Furness_Town_Arms.jpg

the B and Arrow comes from the town coat of arms
the submarine is an update of the ships that the shipyard originally build.
The red rose is due to Barrow historically being in Lancashire.
and unless your under 20 you'll know the steering wheel is actually a proper old style football..

People talking as if our badge is amazing or something...
i get the waves as it's southend on sea and the shrimps that i'm guessing can be caught around there? The football is obvious - but what does the other bit represent?

View attachment 12577

the B and Arrow comes from the town coat of arms
the submarine is an update of the ships that the shipyard originally build.
The red rose is due to Barrow historically being in Lancashire.
and unless your under 20 you'll know the steering wheel is actually a proper old style football..

barrow_in_furness_town_arms-jpg.12577

What about the pretzel and the dog with it's head on fire?

i get the waves as it's southend on sea and the shrimps that i'm guessing can be caught around there? The football is obvious - but what does the other bit represent?
The waves are the River Thames...the shrimp to symbolise the town’s maritime history (hence Shrimpers) and the three Saxon seaxes are from the Essex county flag. See also the county cricket club’s badge.

The three seax knives? They’re for shanking people who take the **** out of our badge.

Although some claim that they’re part of the Essex coat of arms, but whatever ??‍♂️

If Humphrys does go to Barrow for such little money I would be worried if I was him as his career seems to be tailing off. He couldn't make the grade at Fulham, he ended up being part of the worst Southend side in the clubs history and the only move he could make is to a club in it's first season in L2.

for someone with the natural talent that he has it doesn't look great.

1595944061741.png

The knives symbolise the proud tradition of ultra violent third rate gangster movies set in the region.

The waves symbolise our fans waving to their relatives at high profile televised matches.

The shrimp symbolises the fresh seafood delivered by van to Leigh every morning and sold with the implication it is local.

The geodesic dome represents the regions rich architectural heritage

Last edited:
If Humphrys does go to Barrow for such little money I would be worried if I was him as his career seems to be tailing off. He couldn't make the grade at Fulham, he ended up being part of the worst Southend side in the clubs history and the only move he could make is to a club in it's first season in L2.

for someone with the natural talent that he has it doesn't look great.
Since 1972.

They were a Football League club from 1921 until 72.

Back