• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

There is no point having such an injury prone player on our books, we dont have the budget for it.

He only managed to play 93 games in the past two seasons, he clearly isnt up to playing regularly.

quite true but how many of the 93 games has he been as effective as once was ? many of those games he has been as slated as praised. playing so many does not make it the right selection just managers choice.

The thing with Barry is you DO really notice when he's not in the team. I'm not of the "Corr is God" camp, not even close, but I do recognise his value....and that's not just in his goals but also defensively.

What I struggle to understand is why, if Corr's not fit to start, we're not starting Barnard. Really does make you question why we signed him if we're not going to start him. I thought the starting line up Tuesday very odd.

i put it up as a possibility and it is. if barry continues to be the big part then we will struggle.

quite true but how many of the 93 games has he been as effective as once was ? many of those games he has been as slated as praised. playing so many does not make it the right selection just managers choice.

Welcome back Mrs Blue.

We have missed you!

I always have Corr up front on my Fifa 14. No doubt I will have him on my Fifa 15, excited the fact that we have more pace going forward, expect me to rip anyone apart on online gaming lol

Back to real life, I rather have Corr up front, with pacy support around him, he would score more with good crosse's in the box.

My problem with Barry is not that he is a committed 100% type player who practically spills blood for the cause, plays on through injury, scores 1in 3 or 1 in 10. My problem is the poxy system we play when hes on the pitch, we nearly always revert too a long ball game, both centre backs look up and their first thoughts are to find Corr, now i know this isnt his fault as he's only playing to what the gaffer says but most knock downs never find our players as our wingers are normally too deep, and he doesn't have any pace to get in behind defenders. So for me i find watching Barry Corr very very frustrating. (also makes you realize how we are lacking up front)

#barnabluegetsitwrongagain

Barry Corr should play, at least in most home matches, providing his form and fitness are OK. We missed him in the Oxford match where decent crosses were coming in with no big guy on the end of them. Away from home you are more likely to hit teams on the break which is where Weston and Coulthirst are dangerous with their pace. However, with Leonard out of the team we are seriously short of height and Corr should be considered for the next game at York.

As I mentioned training, all the players that won't be starting tomorrow had a very long session of shooting practise against the back up goalies. Very surprisingly, the player that overall scored the most percentage of shots was................Mads Ibenfeldt. He's got a very powerful shot on him. Might be worth throwing up front with minutes to go when losing a game. Could be the new Mohsni, but without the craziness or tantrums.

Phil you naughty man, being economical with the truth, saying forwards can take care of themselves and shooting into a net is a waste of time.
I Dont have a problem if as desperate measure towards the end and Mads playing if he is deployed up front as we have done in the past with other large defenders.

Phil you naughty man, being economical with the truth, saying forwards can take care of themselves and shooting into a net is a waste of time.
I Dont have a problem if as desperate measure towards the end and Mads playing if he is deployed up front as we have done in the past with other large defenders.

Cresswell away at Northampton is another example I think.

technically he has not been economical at all . He said n the forwards can take care of themselves, and the forwards who will be starting were not part of the shooting practice----- so in fact he has been true to his word :winking:

technically he has not been economical at all . He said n the forwards can take care of themselves, and the forwards who will be starting were not part of the shooting practice----- so in fact he has been true to his word :winking:

This is correct. The amount of chances Coulthirst and Weston have missed this season is incredible. They could both be on about ten goals each by now. The good news is that they are getting into positions to get their shots in, but better and more realistic shooting practise still badly needed, and no PB, not into an empty net.

He says the forwards in the team werent part of that practice.

He has already said that he doesnt see that practicing shooting makes a lot of difference.

He says the forwards in the team werent part of that practice.

He has already said that he doesnt see that practicing shooting makes a lot of difference.

He actually said he doesn't see any point in strikers shooting into empty nets. I actually agree with him on that.
Having watched the shooting practise many times, I just feel it could be improved. They do a few basic routines with Dave Penney, but no one actually tells them what they are doing wrong, or improving their technique when most of their shots are not even on target.

By the way, the best at shooting in the whole squad in my opinion from what I have seen are Clifford, Payne, Leonard and Ibenfeldt. That tells you something.

By the way, the best at shooting in the whole squad in my opinion from what I have seen are Clifford, Payne, Leonard and Ibenfeldt. That tells you something.

Which is why Leonard, Clifford and Payne are useful scorers from midfield. The problem with Atkinson, Worrell and Timlin is that they are never likely to hit the back of the net. I cant imagine any of those three doing what Clifford did on Tuesday. Goals from midfield are a feature in all successful teams.

Back