• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Huge game on Wednesday. Beat Rochdale then we could be just 3 points off Exeter in the 7th and last play-off spot with a game in hand against Aldershot to play nearer the end of the season. Win could give us some momentum to have a good run and maybe we can sneak in there ala Crewe last year. Predicitions?

Please please let us bring this recent slump to an end on Wednesday! Living in Rochdale and with a foster son who's a Rochdale fan i'll never live it down if we lose!! They're coming off the back of a morale boosting win away to Fleetwood but like us are better away than at home although as the Rochdale faithful would have you believe they are simply patiently waiting to storm the division next year now the 'messiah' Keith Hill has returned! I for one hope that particular pipe-dream doesn't come to pass!

Please please let us bring this recent slump to an end on Wednesday! Living in Rochdale and with a foster son who's a Rochdale fan i'll never live it down if we lose!! They're coming off the back of a morale boosting win away to Fleetwood but like us are better away than at home although as the Rochdale faithful would have you believe they are simply patiently waiting to storm the division next year now the 'messiah' Keith Hill has returned! I for one hope that particular pipe-dream doesn't come to pass!

as long as im thinking of the right team here isnt this the same messiah who played for them during the 26 year run of staying in league 2 they had(ended 3 years ago). sounds magical, what a legend he has to be:Worthy::smile:

Bigger game at 2pm in the council chamber if you ask me.

Huge game on Wednesday. Beat Rochdale then we could be just 3 points off Exeter in the 7th and last play-off spot with a game in hand against Aldershot to play nearer the end of the season. Win could give us some momentum to have a good run and maybe we can sneak in there ala Crewe last year. Predicitions?

Wouldn't it be predictable that we lose to them. Still don't think we have any chance of play-offs.

Except that Exeter are playing on Tuesday (against Rotherham admittedly) and so are Bradford, so even if we do win it will probably be 4 points and Bradford and Rotherham have the same amount of games as us left. Either way we are ***** at the moment so the play-offs aren't going to happen.

Some big changes needed in the squad for Wednesday to shake things up.

Smith/Bentley - Take your pick, not too fussed about who gets the nod but my choice would be Bentley. Nothing against Smith, but Dan's potential is there for all to see and he will only get better with games, give them to him now with a view to a number 1 spot next season.

Defence - Apart from Clohessy and Cresswell, the other centre back and left back need to be picked purely on whoever is fit. Phillips still doesn't look fit to me and Barker certainly isn't, so maybe Straker and Prosser to start. Luke had a fair game at Wembley and although not exactly setting the league alight this season, he's certainly been one of our consistent performers in my opinion.

Midfield - Hurst, Mkandawire, Laird, Reeves. Anything other than that would be very disappointing, especially if Brown insists on persevering with Mohsni as a centre mid. He's proven he can't play there and he can expect the fans on his back if he picks him there again, especially if it's over the likes of Laird. The creativity of Reeves and Hurst coupled with the box to box play of Tam and Laird is precisely what makes a great midfield.

Forwards - Tomlin and Corr. Gav looked great at Wembley and looked to get the ball down and play that good entertaining football we've all been craving, he must start. Britt hasn't been himself for a while and it seems mad to keep him in the side at Corr's expense as we have seen just how much he can hurt teams. Also gives us an outlet to play long balls into (if Mr Brown insists on hoofball), but more importantly, a target man.

Subs - Smith/Bentley, Phillips, Lund, Leonard, Mohsni, Eastwood, Britt. No place for Barker, needs to get himself fit before we introduce him back into the team. No point rushing him back and then him putting himself out even longer.

Team I'd go for....

Smith
Clohessy Cresswell Phillips Prosser
Leonard Mkandawire Laird Reeves
Tomlin Eastwood (or Corr, can't decide)

Subs: bentley, barker, straker, lund, hurst, corr, assombalonga

But we won't get that. 2-1 defeat.

Some big changes needed in the squad for Wednesday to shake things up.

Smith/Bentley - Take your pick, not too fussed about who gets the nod but my choice would be Bentley. Nothing against Smith, but Dan's potential is there for all to see and he will only get better with games, give them to him now with a view to a number 1 spot next season.

Defence - Apart from Clohessy and Cresswell, the other centre back and left back need to be picked purely on whoever is fit. Phillips still doesn't look fit to me and Barker certainly isn't, so maybe Straker and Prosser to start. Luke had a fair game at Wembley and although not exactly setting the league alight this season, he's certainly been one of our consistent performers in my opinion.

Midfield - Hurst, Mkandawire, Laird, Reeves. Anything other than that would be very disappointing, especially if Brown insists on persevering with Mohsni as a centre mid. He's proven he can't play there and he can expect the fans on his back if he picks him there again, especially if it's over the likes of Laird. The creativity of Reeves and Hurst coupled with the box to box play of Tam and Laird is precisely what makes a great midfield.

Forwards - Tomlin and Corr. Gav looked great at Wembley and looked to get the ball down and play that good entertaining football we've all been craving, he must start. Britt hasn't been himself for a while and it seems mad to keep him in the side at Corr's expense as we have seen just how much he can hurt teams. Also gives us an outlet to play long balls into (if Mr Brown insists on hoofball), but more importantly, a target man.

Subs - Smith/Bentley, Phillips, Lund, Leonard, Mohsni, Eastwood, Britt. No place for Barker, needs to get himself fit before we introduce him back into the team. No point rushing him back and then him putting himself out even longer.
No way would I have Straker anywhere near. Left back in Southend. I'd swap him for Prosser with Mohsni at centre back. Same midfield and with Eastwood whose touch and vision at the JPT where evident,instead of Corr. BBBC is immense as an impact sub and shorter game time reduces exacerbation or stressing of his old injuries and also fatigue.

No way would I have Straker anywhere near. Left back in Southend. I'd swap him for Prosser with Mohsni at centre back. Same midfield and with Eastwood whose touch and vision at the JPT where evident,instead of Corr. BBBC is immense as an impact sub and shorter game time reduces exacerbation or stressing of his old injuries and also fatigue.

I spose it's a matter of opinions with Mohsni. Personally I'm at the end of my tether with him and if I had my way, wouldn't start him for the rest of the season. I would use him as cover for injuries/fatigue in the latter stages of a game or throw him upfront as an impact sub late on if we are losing.

Agree with you regarding Eastwood for Corr though. Makes sense using BBBC wisely instead of expecting 90 minutes from him. Freddy and Gav are both very technical players so should work well together.

Like to see us line up like this:

Smith
Clohessy Cressy Phillips Prosser
Hurst Tam Laird Reeves
Tomlin Corr

The Trust & TZ are still taking bookings for their coaches - book now to avoid disappointment :smile::loyalsupporter:

Back