• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
What a great night tonight.

Leaves us on the edge of the play-offs and a win Saturday will see us break into the top 6.

It would be great to see a decent crowd turn up to show there support.

Good shout ! We need a big crowd Saturday. PB and the lads deserve to walk out to a Roots Hall roar :loyalsupporter:

I am buzzing for the Wigan game on Saturday. I asked a few weeks ago, dare we dream. I have maintained that we could sneak a play off spot. A long way to go I know but look at the players we have out at the moment. WallSall aside I have not seen too much that has impressed me. Points we have dropped I think we have done ourselves to be honest. 6th.....maybe

The East Stand was nigh on full when I booked my tickets last Friday.......

I would imagine Wigan will attract a few fair weather fans being a Premiership club a couple of seasons ago. I bet even some might think its a cup game :omg:

awwwwwww Southend are playing Wigan, fancy going along to see if there is a giant killing. I can just hear that conversation in some households.

Gutted to be missing the Wigan game this Saturday, only 2nd home game I've missed this season, hope we get a 7,000 plus gate for this one as well:smile:

Can't wait for Saturday.. My little girl is mascot aswell so really buzzing for it. Not sure how I'll handle being in the East compared to where I'd normally be in west w block. Just need the result and it'll be. Perfect day

I would imagine Wigan will attract a few fair weather fans being a Premiership club a couple of seasons ago. I bet even some might think its a cup game :omg:

awwwwwww Southend are playing Wigan, fancy going along to see if there is a giant killing. I can just hear that conversation in some households.

To be fair I kind of see it that way too. Wigan have massive resources compared to most clubs. They spent 1 million pounds on one player this summer, so will be a very tough match. So one could consider it a 'cup' like game. But agreed, it will make a few sofa fans turn up because of Wigan's previous exploits. As long as them people get behind the blues and not moan if we go a goal down it should be a good atmosphere.

To be fair I kind of see it that way too. Wigan have massive resources compared to most clubs. They spent 1 million pounds on one player this summer, so will be a very tough match. So one could consider it a 'cup' like game. But agreed, it will make a few sofa fans turn up because of Wigan's previous exploits. As long as them people get behind the blues and not moan if we go a goal down it should be a good atmosphere.

All that said, we need to play the (current) team, not their (previous) reputation. They're only 3 points better off than us this season, and we're at home.

Not just Saturday, we then host Millwall for the JPT. A win here would see us with a 2 legged regional final against a side from L2 (Sturrock's Yeovil or obliging Oxford).

Then we travel to Bradford who are above us in table before we host Bury who are level on 30pts with us.

... Then we're away on Boxing day.

The very idea of Wigan being a glamour game is hilarious for those who remember when they used to get gates of 1,500 in Division 4 in the mid-1990s!

My mate, a Southport fan, considers them their main rivals because they were elected into the Football League in their place back in the late 1970s.

Not just Saturday, we then host Millwall for the JPT. A win here would see us with a 2 legged regional final against a side from L2 (Sturrock's Yeovil or obliging Oxford).

Then we travel to Bradford who are above us in table before we host Bury who are level on 30pts with us.

... Then we're away on Boxing day.

Easy peasey, lemon squeezy. Bring them on.

A £9m parachute payment must come in handy for the latics I reckon.....

What a great night tonight.

Leaves us on the edge of the play-offs and a win Saturday will see us break into the top 6.

It would be great to see a decent crowd turn up to show there support.

I think Saturday's game could determine how serious our play off challenge may be. We've had a great start to the season and find ourselves on the fringes in November, but a realistic shot at them? Wigan this weekend should tell us something....

I think Saturday's game could determine how serious our play off challenge may be. We've had a great start to the season and find ourselves on the fringes in November, but a realistic shot at them? Wigan this weekend should tell us something....

I agree but would extend that to all our games up to and including Boxing Day. Wigan, Bradford and Bury will all be tough games before a derby against Col Ewe. If we're in and around the top 6 after that lot then it might be time to start believing.

No need to. We should be able to attract a decent crowd without the need for ticket promotions. We need the money

I'm going for 7.2k for this game, our position in the league deserves that sort of crowd right now.

Back