• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

from documents that I have seen the new stadium is due for completion on 26/11/2012 and roots hall is due to be knocked down 24/9/2012, meaning a 2 month gap where we may have to nowhere to play. martin and gypsy boy always maintain that rootshall will not be touched until new stadium is complete From the official documents available, this clearly isnt true, would we have to groundshare at the start of season 2012/2013.

As a resident of st marys court, I would be very worried as demolition is due to start 3/10/11

the retail shops at fossetts are due to be started 06/3/2012

the stadium has work starting on 05/03/2012 and finishing 26/11/2012 meaning 60 weeks to build a 14,000 seater brand new stadium, but heres the strange thing

the missing stand at fossetts called the "West Stand" is due to have work starting 02/4/2012
and finished on 1/4/2013, so why not start work at the same time as rest of the stadium, unless its refering to the west side at roots hall being demolished in which case, you might have only aug to april to sample the delights of the west side

a bit of a mess methinks

from documents that I have seen the new stadium is due for completion on 26/11/2012 and roots hall is due to be knocked down 24/9/2012, meaning a 2 month gap where we may have to nowhere to play. martin and gypsy boy always maintain that rootshall will not be touched until new stadium is complete From the official documents available, this clearly isnt true, would we have to groundshare at the start of season 2012/2013.

As a resident of st marys court, I would be very worried as demolition is due to start 3/10/11

the stadium has work starting on 05/03/2012 and finishing 26/11/2012 meaning 60 weeks to build a 14,000 seater brand new stadium, but heres the strange thing

the missing stand at fossetts called the "West Stand" is due to have work starting 02/4/2012
and finished on 1/4/2013, so why not start work at the same time as rest of the stadium, unless its refering to the west side at roots hall being demolished in which case, you might have only aug to april to sample the delights of the west side

a bit of a mess methinks

Are any of those sentences actually questions? The font size is also too small to be big questions.

I prefer it when you talk about Clohessy.

The funding for the main stand is having to be sourced separately from the other three. I'd guess that if those dates are the current plan then that date is likely to get pushed back if anything as it will be dependent on that funding being obtained.

If it was an option to start it sooner then I'd presume that that is what would be done.

a bit of a mess methinks

You've calculated 60 weeks between 5th Mar 2012 and 26th Nov the same year. Is that a mistake in the document you have seen, or your post?

a bit of a mess methinks

Like may of your posts maybe you should have gone along to the shareholders meeting and put your point across face to face

This is the tender that has gone out with a time scale of the building works....On the bright side at least the whole project is out to tender now.

would love to have gone to shareholders meeting, but couldnt as you know. I did offer my proxy out homer, but noone took it up , but if i had have gone you can be sure I would have asked martin and co, if they thought the consortium and "tipped off " HMRC about their debt!!

If its gone to tender does that mean the final premises on Vic Avenue are no longer a problem? That would seem to be a bigger question than anything.

I think i may have seen some info similar to this, on the face of it it sounds promising that there are dates fixed, but haven't we been here previously ??

Blimey they said the tender would go out late May or was that the result of that would be late May? I get confused. :cricko:

Blimey they said the tender would go out late May or was that the result of that would be late May? I get confused. :cricko:

My thoughts entirely .. we've been fed so much bull these past 2 years i have to look in the mirror to know who i am these days (and yes half the time i still don't know*)

* just to beat the wisecrackers to it :finger2:

Ex-Trust Treasurer Bloke said:
Out to tender late May, results back mid July I think...

If its gone to tender does that mean the final premises on Vic Avenue are no longer a problem? That would seem to be a bigger question than anything.

Still not resolved I believe.

But, plans moving ahead in tandem, which I guess means they expect to have the CPO's resolved in the next few months...

I've now seen the same document. It doesn't actually say that the ground will be demolished on 24/09/12 but that that is the date when construction of the supermarket shell will begin. I seem to recall mention that construction work would commence in what is now the Roots Hall car park whilst the Club are still using the current ground. Hopefully that is where the two month difference is.

Still not resolved I believe.

But, plans moving ahead in tandem, which I guess means they expect to have the CPO's resolved in the next few months...

Hopefully, but it has been suggested that the CPOs could take most of 2011 to resolve.

Don,t suppose the main construction would be delayed whilst the cpo's are taking place.The kebabs and pizza,s might get a bit dusty from the diggers and bulldozers at the back of the shops

Back