• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Screen at Roots Hall

Big Screen at Roots Hall -

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tweedy

First XI
Would the fans who dont have access to sky or dont want to watch this weekends away game in a pu approve of having a big screen on the pitch at roots hall in order to watch the game?

Who's going to pay for it...? People can go to a pub, can't they?

rock.gif

Not only that, it's also extremely short notice to organise everything.... the club would lose money hand over fist, as I doubt enough fans would arrive to allow the club to break even.

The Trust asked the club to look at this for the Orient Game.

Basically for a club like ours it just isn't a viable proposition. The charges that Sky impose for this facility are prohibitive, and the Football League would also want a cut of any income raised through selling tickets for the broadcast.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 13 2005,13:33)]Has the shrimpers got sky ?
Yes  
smile.gif

But who's gonna look after the place etc. - we're all going to the game  
biggrin.gif

And you would still have the same problems as a pub - smokey atmosphere etc, women who don't understand the game  
rock.gif
 and no chips  
tounge.gif

For those of you with a sense of humour bypass - these are entirely my own views & not those of the Trust.
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 13 2005,13:37)]
[b said:
Yes  
smile.gif

But who's gonna look after the place etc. - we're all going to the game  
biggrin.gif

And you would still have the same problems as a pub - smokey atmosphere etc, women who don't understand the game  
rock.gif
 and no chips  
tounge.gif
At least in the Shrimpers you wouldn't be surrounded by loads of glory hunting Premier$hite fans cheering on Northampton
wow.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Yes  
smile.gif

rock.gif
 and no chips  
tounge.gif
Is that the official Trust line?

I'm sure the many female SUSCT members would be interested in your views!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bucks_blue @ May 13 2005,14:00)]
[b said:
[b said:
Yes  
smile.gif

rock.gif
 and no chips  
tounge.gif
Is that the official Trust line?

I'm sure the many female SUSCT members would be interested in your views!
Here we go again - can't any of you lot take a joke !!!!!!
mad.gif

laugh.gif

You put your foot in it again!

Some people have absolutely no sense of humour.

Or is this your new AGENDA? No women in football.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 13 2005,14:13)]
laugh.gif

You put your foot in it again!

Some people have absolutely no sense of humour.

Or is this your new AGENDA? No women in football.

tounge.gif
Oh well what's new
sad.gif

I must remember that posting a joke/innuendo/double entendre or anything else remotely funny on this board is a no no
ghostface.gif

Well if I did make it my next Agenda - does that mean I don't have to take Mrs Beaver to footie anymore
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 13 2005,14:19)]I must remember that posting a joke/innuendo/double entendre or anything else remotely funny on this board is a no no  
ghostface.gif
Have you ever knowingly written such a post in the past, Paul...?

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 13 2005,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 13 2005,14:19)]I must remember that posting a joke/innuendo/double entendre or anything else remotely funny on this board is a no no  
ghostface.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 13 2005,14:30)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 13 2005,14:27)]
[b said:
ghostface.gif

tounge.gif

laugh.gif
down.gif
Only kiddin'...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 13 2005,13:29)]Would the fans who dont have access to sky or dont want to watch this weekends away game in a pu approve of having a big screen on the pitch at roots hall in order to watch the game?
Have you got £10,000 to spare? If I remember correctly, that's how much it would have cost to have relayed the Orient match to the Shrimpers Bar. But very few people were prepared to fork out the tenner or so "admission fee" for the privilege.

I see EVEN LESS people forking out to have the match relayed onto a BIG screen on the pitch when they can waltz into a nearby pub and see it for free on SKY(well, quaff a few drinks as well) so this is definately a non-runner from the start ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 13 2005,19:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 13 2005,13:29)]Would the fans who dont have access to sky or dont want to watch this weekends away game in a pu approve of having a big screen on the pitch at roots hall in order to watch the game?
Have you got £10,000 to spare? If I remember correctly, that's how much it would have cost to have relayed the Orient match to the Shrimpers Bar. But very few people were prepared to fork out the tenner or so "admission fee" for the privilege.

I see EVEN LESS people forking out to have the match relayed onto a BIG screen on the pitch when they can waltz into a nearby pub and see it for free on SKY(well, quaff a few drinks as well) so this is definately a non-runner from the start ...

WS
More than that Mike and it was for a big screen on the pitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 13 2005,20:21)]More than that Mike and it was for a big screen on the pitch.
OK. I seem to remember someone telling me that the Orient game was only going to be relayed into the Shrimpers. But you would know so I bow to your superior knowledge ... and that's even more of a reason that this whole poll is a waste of time!

WS

wink.gif

Back