• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Sol in the race!

No longer mentioned in Ron's update- there are three candidates he can't divulge the names of but as he has already talked about Sol I am guessing this means it won't be Sol ?

There’s a whole page article in The Times today about him which mentions that he has been interviewed for the job so it’s not a secret.

I’d suggest that for whatever reason Ron just doesn’t want to mention Sol officially. I’d fully expect him to be one of the two others that Ron says interests him.

No longer mentioned in Ron's update- there are three candidates he can't divulge the names of but as he has already talked about Sol I am guessing this means it won't be Sol ?

Campbell has kept a very low profile and hasn't attended games - think he might have requested to Ron not to divulge anything more.

The new manager HAS to be an ex-defender, we’re shipping almost 3 goals per sodding game in League One! That leaves either Campbell or Barrett if Ron has his head screwed on (unlikely)....

But whoever comes in has a MASSIVE job on their hands. Both goalkeepers are an accident waiting to happen, the backline is atrocious and we have the worst collection of central midfielders I can remember in my 31 years as a Shrimper.

What a f***ing mess.... :Scared:

Ahhh, but look at that front line. And as every Zoner knows, it’s all about the amount of 20 goal a season strikers you have on the books.

Safe to presume Sol is out of the picture now or could he be waiting in the wings, quietly forgotten? Thoughts?

Safe to presume Sol is out of the picture now or could he be waiting in the wings, quietly forgotten? Thoughts?

He was always the best name mentioned but of course none of us know if he was ever really a candidate. I believe he could have kept you up this season.

Just out of interest and to add to the thread....
I was playing golf at the Belfry at the weekend and on Sunday morning who should I see in a suit talking to two suited others in a glass fronted meeting room near the bar area....Sol Campbell ! I did a double take and it didn't look like RM in there with him! Unless Sol plays golf in a suit, I'd guess it was further talks with some other club

Back