• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Sol in the race!

Was my favourite from the start, but this is getting utterly ridiculous.

Why has this taken so bloody long.

With most on here saying the season is lost and we will be relegated, I for one am glad RM is taking his time to make what needs to be the correct appointment.

Would you have been a happy Macca fan when Sol was a completely inexperienced appointment less than a year ago?

Can’t really say, although my ex-Macc season ticket holding son in law was pleased enough!

With most on here saying the season is lost and we will be relegated, I for one am glad RM is taking his time to make what needs to be the correct appointment.
Sadly, there is no such thing as the correct decision. Everything is a gamble in football.

Fiddling whilst Rome burns comes to mind here......IMHO this is developing into a farce. Who else is going to come into the frame? Get it sorted Ron.

A defender of Sol’s quality as a player and a striker of Cole’s quality as a player. That would be the perfect combination to sort out our defence and get the best out of our forwards.

This could be a very shrewd appointment.

Ron is certainly complying with the 'Rooney rule', that's for sure!

Give Ron credit, he clearly recognises that he needs to get this appointment right and is going about it very thoroughly, checking their backroom staff etc. I'd take Campbell over Larsson or Barrett.

People need to understand about these ‘done deal’ rumours. They’re all rubbish for now.

He’s still in the interviewing stage, if someone’s spotted in Southend, they’re being interviewed, it’s part of the process.

If this is the case I suspect Waddock will take charge against Gillingham

A defender of Sol’s quality as a player and a striker of Cole’s quality as a player. That would be the perfect combination to sort out our defence and get the best out of our forwards.

This could be a very shrewd appointment.

Why?
It’ll still be the same players and the same appalling midfield. Not keen on Larson but not too keen on this egotistical nut either.
This is the bloke who runs for every football manager job going and also wanted to be London mayor.

Why?
It’ll still be the same players and the same appalling midfield. Not keen on Larson but not too keen on this egotistical nut either.
This is the bloke who runs for every football manager job going and also wanted to be London mayor.

You can’t deny that what he did at Macclesfield was impressive and he may do the same here.

Some people are able to get the best out of players and things work well certain people at certain clubs. I’m not saying it’s going to 100% work but as a player would you rather have Bond, Waddock and Todorov or Campbell, Cole and Hreidarsson to look upto?

Didn't Ron say he hoped to bring us news before Saturday?

People need to understand about these ‘done deal’ rumours. They’re all rubbish for now.

He’s still in the interviewing stage, if someone’s spotted in Southend, they’re being interviewed, it’s part of the process.

If this is the case I suspect Waddock will take charge against Gillingham

Didn't Ron say he hoped to bring us news before Saturday?

He did, but if you’re still interviewing for a job and you hoped to get it done by Saturday, I would think you’ve left it too late.

He needs time to deliberate each candidate, especially as he has interviewed two in two days.

Sol has been out of a job since Aug so you would hope and expect he has been in the running from early days. It would be astonishing if he has only just applied/ and RM knew he was out of work so surely would have knocked on his door a month ago anyway. So why let it be known now:
1. To excuse the ongoing /even further delay whilst we take further giant strides towards L2- “oh look how complicated it all is..”
2. This is very likely to be announced imminently (final loose ends) and so this is to keep us happy until they are ready to announce hopefully tomorrow

Take your pick but this does not suddenly get released without a reason

Seriously guys how the **** can we afford the wages for those 3 ? Doesn’t make sense, they didn’t get paid on time at Macclesfield so I’m surprised Sol is even bothering given our recent record on that. We might be slightly better off than them but I just don’t see how the figures add up on this one. I think they would be even more expensive than team Larsson.

You can’t deny that what he did at Macclesfield was impressive and he may do the same here.

Some people are able to get the best out of players and things work well certain people at certain clubs. I’m not saying it’s going to 100% work but as a player would you rather have Bond, Waddock and Todorov or Campbell, Cole and Hreidarsson to look upto?

Absolutely right, Macclesfield Town had the proverbial one foot out of the league when Campbell came in. He did an outstanding job keeping them in League Two while operating with financial problems at the club.
He would be a very exciting appointment and a cut above the other names being linked.

I don't think their wage demands would be that high. Had money been a real consideration, then he wouldn't have gone to Macclesfield. Mind in fairness, he said at the time he just wanted a chance to prove himself. In fairness he probably did.

Back