• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big Sol in the race!

I don't think their wage demands would be that high. Had money been a real consideration, then he wouldn't have gone to Macclesfield. Mind in fairness, he said at the time he just wanted a chance to prove himself. In fairness he probably did.
Or maybe their combined wages had an adverse effect on finances ?

With most on here saying the season is lost and we will be relegated, I for one am glad RM is taking his time to make what needs to be the correct appointment.
Considering Bury are already gone and Bolton start on minus 12 it shouldn't take too many wins to stay up. No matter how bad our first 10 or so games will be there should be time to at least stay up.

Considering Bury are already gone and Bolton start on minus 12 it shouldn't take too many wins to stay up. No matter how bad our first 10 or so games will be there should be time to at least stay up.

True but even 3 points could be critical and every game that passes unnecessarily under the status quo is a further risk. All these candidates must have been in the process since near the beginning.

Sol has been out of a job since Aug so you would hope and expect he has been in the running from early days. It would be astonishing if he has only just applied/ and RM knew he was out of work so surely would have knocked on his door a month ago anyway. So why let it be known now:
1. To excuse the ongoing /even further delay whilst we take further giant strides towards L2- “oh look how complicated it all is..”
2. This is very likely to be announced imminently (final loose ends) and so this is to keep us happy until they are ready to announce hopefully tomorrow

Take your pick but this does not suddenly get released without a reason

Possibly keeping low on this one whilst SC's own team had a chat between themselves before committing ? Of all known - or rumoured - candidates, this one could just be the ticket.

Probably given Macclesfield and pay Sol has been awaiting documentary evidence of Ron's secret stash..

True but even 3 points could be critical and every game that passes unnecessarily under the status quo is a further risk. All these candidates must have been in the process since near the beginning.

I don’t want Francis Rossi !

According to BBC Essex

"His interview at Southend is understood to have taken place towards the end of September."

Our management saga is turning into one of the great Essex soap operas. It’s difficult to know what is going on, who is involved and to what extent and how it might turn out! Like most posters in this thread the appointment of Sol Campbell seems to make sense to me: a top class former player with recent successful lower league experience with a cash-strapped club with the potential to bring in an impressive backroom team. This appointment seems to bring the best of the qualities that Larsen and Barrett have between them. Will it happen? Not a clue!!

Ron is certainly complying with the 'Rooney rule', that's for sure!

Give Ron credit, he clearly recognises that he needs to get this appointment right and is going about it very thoroughly, checking their backroom staff etc. I'd take Campbell over Larsson or Barrett.
if we did take on Sol would we be the first ever English club to have had two black managers?
( and if it is right how sad is that- but that’s for another thread)

Personally I would be quite happy if Sol and his team were appointed he is still young and hungry to prove himself and as I would guess he may be quite well set up financial from his days at Tottenham and Arsenal money may not be his prime motivator. I also saw a short documentary about him and as a person I was quite impressed with his views on football, people and life in general. So for me its Sol or AB........

if we did take on Sol would we be the first ever English club to have had two black managers?
( and if it is right how sad is that- but that’s for another thread)

Sol Campbell was at least Macclesfield's third (after Keith Alexander and Paul Ince) so no!

Well have no idea whats going on - but you have to say what a co-incidence...probably not a single flame but smoke everywhere..

Back