• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big thanks to the Col U lads

Sherif H

Omar's older brother
Amongst all of the negativity surrounding our particularly rancid performance (bar the last 20 mins or so), I would personally like to express my gratitude to both Pat Baldwin and Scott Vernon for their contributions today. Much has been made of Baldwin's supposed non-plussed appearance during his Blues World interview, but both put in a decent and very professional shift, and I was pleased with the respective performances. It is a crying shame that neither can play against the scum, but, provided we stick to 4-4-2, and give Spencer some deserved game time alongside Vernon, I think we will start seeing some far more combative performances in the next few key games.

Amongst all of the negativity surrounding our particularly rancid performance (bar the last 20 mins or so), I would personally like to express my gratitude to both Pat Baldwin and Scott Vernon for their contributions today. Much has been made of Baldwin's supposed non-plussed appearance during his Blues World interview, but both put in a decent and very professional shift, and I was pleased with the respective performances. It is a crying shame that neither can play against the scum, but, provided we stick to 4-4-2, and give Spencer some deserved game time alongside Vernon, I think we will start seeing some far more combative performances in the next few key games.

Good post :) Agree with ya, Spencer deserves to start, there is definetly more of him, but he has been great already!

thought they both did extreamly well especially baldwin, he controlled our defence which is just what we need, he must be one of the most experienced CB in the league and it weren't hard to hear him, he knows what he's talking (well shouting) about. I dont care that he's from the scum i'm more than happy to have the both of them hear for the season. the first half balwin had to babysit m'voto but as soon as he went of and we went back to 4-4-2, he could concentrate 100% on the game allowing swindon to pose little problem

Agree completely Sherif, anyone who thinks we have no place for a Col U player is deluded. They both showed their value.

Though they did great in difficult circumstances.

Probably didnt help that True Blue and his motley crew at the back of west were caning everyone yesterday including why dont you **** off back to colchester you scum.

Nice one

Probably didnt help that True Blue and his motley crew at the back of west were caning everyone yesterday including why dont you **** off back to colchester you scum.

Nice one

Oh were they indeed? Good job lads.......:doh:

Incidentally how nice was it to see Baldwin turn immediately to the fans at the end before even going to shake hands with players to show his appreciation? Vernon soon followed his example too.

I noticed Baldwin to and his radio interview suggests that col u do not wanted. Hopefully we can start the ground soon , and then players like baldwin will be gold dust.

Told you they were great lads both are 100% pro players who will put in a good shift for you everytime, glad to hear Baldwin was vocal in your defence, he is very good at that as I said before he learned from the master Wayne Brown.

Told you they were great lads both are 100% pro players who will put in a good shift for you everytime, glad to hear Baldwin was vocal in your defence, he is very good at that as I said before he learned from the master Wayne Brown.

Baldwin was very good, and had every right to look shell shocked after 10 minutes, but he recovered from that and he was noticeably very vocal throughout. Vernon also showed plenty of good touches and flicked headers and with a bit of luck may have scored when he go through, but the ball was about a yard nearer their keeper.

I have no issue about whatever club we do business with and if anyone was berating Baldwin & Vernon (and Heath & White for that matter) because of who their parent club is seriously needs to grow up IMO.

Baldwin was very good, and had every right to look shell shocked after 10 minutes, but he recovered from that and he was noticeably very vocal throughout. Vernon also showed plenty of good touches and flicked headers and with a bit of luck may have scored when he go through, but the ball was about a yard nearer their keeper.

I have no issue about whatever club we do business with and if anyone was berating Baldwin & Vernon (and Heath & White for that matter) because of who their parent club is seriously needs to grow up IMO.

Well said CS, we have both used players from the other club over the years including some of the most entertaining for various reasons!

Nice one

Yeah I heard that too. Shouldnt matter what team they are from, they are helping us out here and they did a job yesterday.

A lot has been said over the years about relationships with the London clubs, their reserves, someone loaned out needing games etc because of their location to us.

Well why not Col ewe ? it's location to us means that any surplus (for whatever reason ) players that obviously fit our need, don't have to move. I think this was a factor in the cases of Pat Baldwin and Scott Vernon.

I personally do not have a problem with them playing for Colchester if it help our cause ( and at the moment we do need help) . Tilly wanted 'Older Heads' to help us in a possible relegation scrap, well, older heads must have played somewhere. Why not Col ewe ?

Both looked like very good signings, Baldwin was exactly how I imagined he would be, fired up (well he is trying to beat Swindon to help Col U lol) and played well.

Vernon I wasnt expecting much to be honest but was pleasantly surprised, he won a lot of headers, held the ball up well and linked well with Spencer.

Looking forward to seeing him and Spencer up front in a 442 formation because they really impressed me second half.!

Be interesting to see some of the "usual suspects" comment on why they feel it necessary to turn against players in the blue of Southend, rather than that of the club that own their registration...

Silence is most deafening...

Good post :) Agree with ya, Spencer deserves to start, there is definetly more of him, but he has been great already!

I think Spencer's better as a substitute really, use his pace more effectively when the opposition are tired.

Unfortunately Harry, a few of our 'vocal' fans at the back of W block did'nt agree and spent a considerable amount of time berating baldwin. Surprisingly no comments were heard in the last 5 minutes!.

I've no problem with them being here (nor did I with Heath & White).

With the managerial changes at Colchester in the last year I think with a lot of the players there it's a case of your face not fitting and there's a few other of their 'out of favour' players who I'd happily have here aswell.

It does make me laugh that just because they have come from our rivals, people have/are having a pop at them. Now I don't care where a player comes from, be it my Sunday side or Real Madrid to me all that matters is they wanted to be at our Club enough to turn down Tranmere and Gillingham in Vernon's case, and Bristol Rovers in Baldwin's case.

Col Ewe have around 30 players on the books from where their chairmen has back their managers in the transfer market. New managers want to bring in new ideas and sometimes new players. We saw the benefits, and the negatives with Heath and White. The benefit was they didn't figure in Lambert's plans and we probably would have reached some sort of agreement on them in the last transfer window, and we saw the negatives when they changed managers and everyone was given a fresh start.

If they keep performing I'm delighted.

I had a small minded idiot sitting behind me berating Baldwin as "Scum" throughout the match, and when he scored at the end I turned around to him and said "still scum now?". The look on his face was priceless!!

Sounds as if he wasn't the only one of this type in the ground..so nice to see some of our fans being more worried where they came from than what they can contribute to OUR team!!

Back