• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros said:
I wonder if by making him tame his aggression, it has dented his footballing ability, by making him change his game too much.

Since he got sent off in his return vs Northants, he has played 8 times, only being booked once. By making him change his style of play, and playing him in totally the wrong position, has that taken away from the player he is?

Does he need his drive and crazyness to be a better player, and if so, is the added risk of that Mohsni, worth the extra rewards it has previously garnered?

Look how average Rooney has been in his displays for England, since he became a bit more mature, and not the dogged, snarly player he once way
Definitely this. I like to see him playing at CB, and just told to play his normal game

If and it is a big if he was given 40 games a season alongside cresswell I think they could form a good partnership. Especially if Smith is in goal as we need stronger aerial presence in the back line. Bil has almost become a victim of his own flexibility.

Perhaps if Gary Neville accepted Ron's offer to manage the club then he would have sorted Bilel out. GNev strikes me as the type of bloke that takes no **** off of anybody and he was a quality defender. He also has a big hooter like Bilel.

The cretin shouldn't have even been allowed inside of Wembley stadium let alone playing in central midfield. Pathetic moron who doesn't deserve a career in football.

I can do a few kick ups too.

At the bottom of the story:

Also related to this story
Mohsni not at Southend training 03 Jan 2013 SOUTHEND
Mohsni feared for Southend future 02 Apr 2012 SOUTHEND
Southend's Mohsni is disciplined 17 Aug 2011 SOUTHEND

Just about sums it up....

Keep him and play him where he should be playing. Centre back with Cresswell.
He'd also bag you half a dozen goals from set pieces.
He is never in a million years a centre midfielder and if Brown cant see that (even though he has only been here 2 weeks) I would seriously quuestion his judgement.

Play him in the right position and I'm happy enough for him to stay. Midfield general he is not.

Drastic™;1518490 said:
Brilliant! (sorry can't green you at the moment so please accept this instead...) :clap:

Haha cheers pal :winking:

I wonder if by making him tame his aggression, it has dented his footballing ability, by making him change his game too much.

Since he got sent off in his return vs Northants, he has played 8 times, only being booked once. By making him change his style of play, and playing him in totally the wrong position, has that taken away from the player he is?

Does he need his drive and crazyness to be a better player, and if so, is the added risk of that Mohsni, worth the extra rewards it has previously garnered?

Look how average Rooney has been in his displays for England, since he became a bit more mature, and not the dogged, snarly player he once way

Don't agree on Rooney who has a great record for England in recent years but Mohsni I make you bang on. For all the talk of his disciplinary problems he's actually only got two yellow cards in his last 28 games since the Oldham sending off. I think being played in at least four different positions in those 28 games hasn't helped him either. The guy looks positionally clueless at times but not giving him more than two or three games in each position was never going to help him learn a single role.

Phil Brown said it was a clean slate for everyone when he came in, Bilel has been played in CM which we all know is not his best position so not fair to get rid just because the manager played him out of position in a big final that he was not mentally or physically equipt for.
He should be played at CB with Cresswell, these two could form a good partnership, in fact Bilel is head and shoulders in ability above Cresswell/Philips in the CB position.
So I'd keep him.

What has he actually brought to the team since he has come back?

Naff all that's what. He has said so himself.

His negatives far outweigh his positives.

His time here is done IMO.

I also wonder if it's something slightly different. He seems to get booked for challenges that refs would let go if it was someone else. I think he is so scared of getting booked again he can't make a challenge. Personally I think with time (how long I don't know) refs will stop treating him differently.

Phil Brown said it was a clean slate for everyone when he came in, Bilel has been played in CM which we all know is not his best position so not fair to get rid just because the manager played him out of position in a big final that he was not mentally or physically equipt for.
He should be played at CB with Cresswell, these two could form a good partnership, in fact Bilel is head and shoulders in ability above Cresswell/Philips in the CB position.
So I'd keep him.

Totally agree with this. If Cressy and Bil were both on form, we would surely have the best CB pairing in the league. You could just imagine opposition strikers getting depressed at the thought of coming up against them two. I say keep Bilel, only as a CB!

You can only keep him if he sorts his attitude out.

He is a headcase, he causes issues on the pitch and will cause problems off the pitch again. Whenever things dont go his way he causes problems.

Id much rather we found someone more committed to the club and reliable.

Stay classy Southend.

We've given him plenty of chances where we'd have been justified in sacking him, don't now sack him because he played badly when being played in his least suitable position.

No need to sack him just done the waste of space a new contract.

Back