• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Play the man in his position or let him go. He can't be blamed for Wembley. It was brown who used him in CM.

If we are 'sacking' him for his performance on the pitch in the games which he has played under the new manager, then one can only imagine PB will have a whole host of meetings lined up because Bilel is by nowhere near the worse performing imo.

I know his attitude in the past has been frustrating/naive/annoying to say the least at times, but he has really tried since PS brought him back, probably a bit too hard and now is thinking too much about other stuff rather than just getting on and playing.

HE'S A CENTRAL DEFENDER - a good one too....if we can get him signed up cheap then it's a good deal....With a proper pre-season behind him and played in his best position he can do well next year....but he's not a striker and he's certainly not a midfielder...and if he does get back to his best we might even make a cheeky transfer fee on him.

Totally agree with this. If Cressy and Bil were both on form, we would surely have the best CB pairing in the league. You could just imagine opposition strikers getting depressed at the thought of coming up against them two. I say keep Bilel, only as a CB!

Or;
Bin Freddy, Harris, send back Britt, Tomlin transferred....Corr / Bilel strike force???

Has everyone forgotten he didnt bother turning up for training as he thought we werent good enough for him?

Does he now think we are and actually want to be here, or is he just here because he couldnt find anything else?

Has everyone forgotten he didnt bother turning up for training as he thought we werent good enough for him?

Does he now think we are and actually want to be here, or is he just here because he couldnt find anything else?

Does it really matter? We want a winning football team, not the perfect nuclear family.

I'd keep him. We will probably loose a few in the summer and I happen to think he is one of the more skillful players at the club. I know his attitude stinks at times and I was one of those on here calling for his head. I have now changed my mind and want him at the club.

My offering was in jest.....we seriously can't keep justifying his petulant behaviour

Unless I've missed something Bilel has not been petulant since his return?

His sending off against Northampton was for a mistimed tackle which a number of people including the then Manager thought was harsh and since then his struggled whilst being played out of his natural position.
I'm not denying his past but petulance does not seem fair in this instance imo.

I don't think we'll see Bilel again this season. However, I reckon PB will offer him a new contract, and a clean slate, and will try and develop him as a CB.

It is surely extremely difficult for Phil Brown to offer a contract - Bilel has been dire since his return. On what evidence could PB possibly offer him terms??

I doubt if any of the squad would be here if they could find anything better

It is surely extremely difficult for Phil Brown to offer a contract - Bilel has been dire since his return. On what evidence could PB possibly offer him terms??

He looked great for the 18 minutes at Centre Back against Northampton - he's pretty much been played out of position since then.

I don't give a flying squirrel about the guy personally, but if he can improve the squad (and in my opinion he 100% can at CB) then sign him up for next season.

Most players are mercenaries looking for their next contract, he's no different. Yes he's a hot head, has been badly advised, and has done & said some stupid things. But having met him he does seem a genuinly decent bloke, and in L2 players of his undoubted ability are rare. If PB can get him playing as we know he can (in a suitable position would be helpful) then I say give him another year. In fact give him a 2 year contract so if he does do well next year we can at least get some money for him. If he c*cks it up again we can always sack him.

Phil Brown said it was a clean slate for everyone when he came in, Bilel has been played in CM which we all know is not his best position so not fair to get rid just because the manager played him out of position in a big final that he was not mentally or physically equipt for.
He should be played at CB with Cresswell, these two could form a good partnership, in fact Bilel is head and shoulders in ability above Cresswell/Philips in the CB position.
So I'd keep him.

So what about Prosser then? Have you forgotten him? Personally of late I think he has played better than Cresswell at centre back.

Don't forget Cresswell helped to ruin our league season with his stupid sending of for lumping someone. Two fiery centre backs playing together?

I think that if we do offer him a new deal then we should put in an escape clause where if he does anything unprofessional (like goes off to France to sulk), then we can terminate his contract without paying him a penny.

I can not see how PB could lose Bilel after playing him at Wembley. This must mean that he rates him as a player, so why would he want to see the back of him. I would give him a contract and play him in the right position.
I would get rid of Spillane, Straker, Harris, Laird, Barker,

So what about Prosser then? Have you forgotten him? Personally of late I think he has played better than Cresswell at centre back.

Don't forget Cresswell helped to ruin our league season with his stupid sending of for lumping someone. Two fiery centre backs playing together?

Prosser has played ok by his standards. He can not pass a ball though. If PB wants to build a footballing side as he has hinted at , then prosser does not fit the bill. Though I think he will stay.

Back