• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First and foremost Bilel Mohsni is/was a professional footballer contracted to Southend United.
Reporting directly to the Team Manager, who in turn decides whether or not to select him.
He is/was expected to conduct himself professionally both on and off the pitch.

It would seem that Mohsni was incapable of fulfilling his contract and on PB's recommendation the Club has finally dispensed with the services of Bilel Mohsni.

IMO absolutely the correct decision and the Club, staff and supporters should move on.

To all those that belittled him as he accepted his medal at Wembley.SHAME on you all, you call yourselves supporters,I for one whether i liked the man or not would never belittle ,denigrate ,or boo a man playing for my club, each and everyone of you should take a good look at yourselves. So whose gonna be your target next season, Smith,Straker.Im feel ashamed at this point in time to think that you people call yourselves Southend supporters.
I agree with you that some people feel it acceptable to target a player and give them abuse whenever they do something wrong/have a bad game. It is moronic and counter productive. The sad thing is that they can't even clap or bear to compliment when they do something really well/ have a good game. This for me says more about the fan than the player. I would advise any potential signing for us who plays in goal or left back to give us a wide berth!!
All players go through difficult patches of form/take time to settle into the side - FFS give them a chance.

Certainly didn't hear any booing in block 125-and we stayed until all the SUFC players had received their medals.

To be fair, Block 125 was almost as far away from the incident that buffalowolf is talking about as it was possible to be and still be in the ground!

OBL, I agree in usual circumstances a player should never be booed if he is cr@p, lacks ability, is having a bad game/season etc However, In these circumstances it is a very very exceptional case. I was by the steps where the players walked on the way down, spoke to a few players who deserved a pat on the back and I also told Mr Mohsni how I felt (no shouting or swearing) as he lagged behind his teammates, last in line moping like a child....it's all an act.

The way in which he treated our club, managers, team-mates, employees and most importantly fans is an absolute disgrace. He was the main culprit in the loss of the dressing room, lack of discilpline during Sturrocks regime yet he was offered lifeline after lifeline. Sturrock needs to take some blame as he had double standards....backed Ryan Hall and sacked Johnson for a similar incident. Doesn't exactly inspire fairness and discipline does it.

As for that French overated evil actor, he fooled too many for far too long.

As a player, he never commanded and held down a regular spot in a same position for any noteworthy period of time. Whenever he got back in the side after a strop, injury, suspension, going AWOL etc etc he was decent for 2 maybe 3 games, then complacency kicked in and the tantrums kicked in along with the disruption of the side and squad.

Big games - plain and simply he never ever performed and in many he played a big part in us losing them. With the Anfield carot dangling, he missed sitters at home (that happens) and got sent off at Boundary Park in the replay. The play off away leg, he lost his man and missed sitters over both legs. Wembley, he never performed and was a huge part in both goals being conceeded. Other big games against Swindon, Crawley etc The man basically did not perform!!!! He is not Ballotelli or Rooney, he is a park player with some natural ability, but not a footballer or team player.

So what is he aside from a fraud and disresctful hypocrite, before anyone shoots me down, I call him a hypocrite over his behaviour. He pled bullying against him and said that his teammates were vile as they swore so much....yet he finds it acceptable to not turn up for work see it fit to chase opponents with scissors!!!! The club have given him more chances and support than I ever remember them affording anyone else.

So now to Mohsni on the pitch, well he is too much of a liability to play at the back, he is not clever or disciplined enough to play in the middle, up top he gets wound up and wanders!!! Someone please tell me he is that good he should hold down a regular position.

I think too many people on here and in the stands fell for the fist pumping, floor punching, net swinging show of passion. I certainly am haunted by the amount of times I saw his hand held in apology, or times he was petulant and disrupted the side.

I for one won't miss him and will never forgive him for destroying our changing room two years running. I am also disgusted that he played a part in our Wembley dream and actually cost us yet again (Both goals) as a parting shot. He should have been nowhere near this football club. Now Wembley is gone and he has supposedley stuck up two fingers (Or not if thats so offensive) to us all yet again. I just hope the worshippers finally see the true colours of Bilel now it's all ruined and realise that it's best he goes.

I also hope they respect that our new gaffer may have his flaws but he has a pair of balls and will make decisions in the best interest of our football club.

Wish I'd have written this, I could not agree more.

OBL, I agree in usual circumstances a player should never be booed if he is cr@p, lacks ability, is having a bad game/season etc However, In these circumstances it is a very very exceptional case. I was by the steps where the players walked on the way down, spoke to a few players who deserved a pat on the back and I also told Mr Mohsni how I felt (no shouting or swearing) as he lagged behind his teammates, last in line moping like a child....it's all an act.

The way in which he treated our club, managers, team-mates, employees and most importantly fans is an absolute disgrace. He was the main culprit in the loss of the dressing room, lack of discilpline during Sturrocks regime yet he was offered lifeline after lifeline. Sturrock needs to take some blame as he had double standards....backed Ryan Hall and sacked Johnson for a similar incident. Doesn't exactly inspire fairness and discipline does it.

As a player, he never commanded and held down a regular spot in a same position for any noteworthy period of time. Whenever he got back in the side after a strop, injury, suspension, going AWOL etc etc he was decent for 2 maybe 3 games, then complacency kicked in and the tantrums kicked in along with the disruption of the side and squad.

Big games - plain and simply he never ever performed and in many he played a big part in us losing them. With the Anfield carot dangling, he missed sitters at home (that happens) and got sent off at Boundary Park in the replay. The play off away leg, he lost his man and missed sitters over both legs. Wembley, he never performed and was a huge part in both goals being conceeded. Other big games against Swindon, Crawley etc The man basically did not perform!!!! He is not Ballotelli or Rooney, he is a park player with some natural ability, but not a footballer or team player.

So what is he aside from a fraud and disresctful hypocrite, before anyone shoots me down, I call him a hypocrite over his behaviour. He pled bullying against him and said that his teammates were vile as they swore so much....yet he finds it acceptable to not turn up for work see it fit to chase opponents with scissors!!!! The club have given him more chances and support than I ever remember them affording anyone else.

So now to Mohsni on the pitch, well he is too much of a liability to play at the back, he is not clever or disciplined enough to play in the middle, up top he gets wound up and wanders!!! Someone please tell me he is that good he should hold down a regular position.

I think too many people on here and in the stands fell for the fist pumping, floor punching, net swinging show of passion. I certainly am haunted by the amount of times I saw his hand held in apology, or times he was petulant and disrupted the side.

I for one won't miss him and will never forgive him for destroying our changing room two years running. I am also disgusted that he played a part in our Wembley dream and actually cost us yet again (Both goals) as a parting shot. He should have been nowhere near this football club. Now Wembley is gone and he has supposedley stuck up two fingers (Or not if thats so offensive) to us all yet again. I just hope the worshippers finally see the true colours of Bilel now it's all ruined and realise that it's best he goes.

I also hope they respect that our new gaffer may have his flaws but he has a pair of balls and will make decisions in the best interest of our football club.

Everyone knows my viiews on Bilel 1| His advisors are chiefly to blame. Doesn't excuse Bilel's antics but he would have been better under better guidance. United we stand take note that I'am in the realworld, from a high level pro footballing background as well as a background in commerce.

Secondly he didn't stand a chance at Wembley. Central midfield is not his position even with better discipline. I repeat to united we stand I come from a high level pro footballing bacground and one from commerce. You might want to take back the abusive comment you made me not being in the real comment you sent to me pvtly.

Secondly he didn't stand a chance at Wembley. Central midfield is not his position even with better discipline. I repeat to united we stand I come from a high level pro footballing bacground and one from commerce.

First and foremost Bilel Mohsni was a professional footballer contracted to Southend United.
Reporting directly to the Team Manager, who in turn decides whether or not to select him and in which position he should play in order to benefit the team's performance.
He was expected to conduct himself professionally both on and off the pitch.

You of all people, with your "high level background" should understand this. Mohsni's conduct has absolutely nothing to do with his advisers.

One of the best posts I've seen on here. 100% agreed!

You need to point the finger of blame on that one to Brown

50/50 that, yeah he shouldnt have played there, but as a PROFESSIONAL footballer he should be able to do a job anywhere on the park, all he had to do was break the play up & give the ball to the more creative players, thats it, but instead he charged around like a little kid trying to get the ball off everyone & got in everyones way doing it, he is a pro, he should he have the footballing brain to realise what he is doing............Brown played him in the wrong position, but what is his right position? Brown didnt make him charge around giving the ball away at will, Brown is at fault for 2 things, wrong position & not taking him off at HT.......................the rest & performance lays at Monshi ill discipline, poor footballing brain & wayward feet

50/50 that, yeah he shouldnt have played there, but as a PROFESSIONAL footballer he should be able to do a job anywhere on the park, all he had to do was break the play up & give the ball to the more creative players, thats it, but instead he charged around like a little kid trying to get the ball off everyone & got in everyones way doing it, he is a pro, he should he have the footballing brain to realise what he is doing............Brown played him in the wrong position, but what is his right position? Brown didnt make him charge around giving the ball away at will, Brown is at fault for 2 things, wrong position & not taking him off at HT.......................the rest & performance lays at Monshi ill discipline, poor footballing brain & wayward feet

Might be able to do a job, but its likely to be a bad one. Its remarkable he can have an effect in so many areas of the pitch as it is. Im no fan of Mohsni and glad he is gone, but when his head was right having him as a sub you could throw on at the back or up front was useful. I never saw him as a central midfielder though as it didnt utilise his strengths and exposed his weaknesses.

Try playing Eastwood at centre half or Clohessey up front, they would be useless.

Everyone knows my viiews on Bilel 1| His advisors are chiefly to blame. Doesn't excuse Bilel's antics but he would have been better under better guidance. United we stand take note that I'am in the realworld, from a high level pro footballing background as well as a background in commerce.

Why are you aiming the above at me, sorry I don't understand?

I don't recall replying to any of your posts or quoting you in any way on any thread let alone this one In fact your post is in reply to another member of this board. I didn't get to read you 'request to United we stand' post before it was deleted, but can only assuem it was offensive - hence deleted. If you have a problem you would like to discuss please feel free to private message me.

Looking at feedback and applying commone sesne I can guess who your reply was aimed at. If you work in commerce in 'the real world' then you will understand the need for accuracy. Please quote the correct psoter - especially if you are going to give them grief

Back