• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who goes?

• Total voters
The worst full back i have seen at the blues,gilbert his luggy right hand man,i will not put up with long ball anymore its time to moan at the players who just kick it up front to know where,big changes in jan needed

This is a bad thread as already said but if I had to choose then mohsni, just because we only have 2 left backs at the club so if Prosser got injured we'd be dead without Gilbert, no matter how rubbish he is at passing/hoofing. (Before someone says it, no Mohsni should not play left back)

"Oh Yes He Should"

Really interesting thread, this one.
The consensus seems to be that it doesn't matter if his team mates want to string him up, as long as he's got talent, he stays!
Don't any of you work in a team?

The consensus seems to be that it doesn't matter if his team mates want to string him up, as long as he's got talent, he stays!
Yes, And I work with quight a few that i dont like. But that doesn't stop us working together. Succesfully too !!

In principle I agree with your sentiment but surely the assumption from anyone saying they'd like him to stay is that the manager then finds a solution to the team-mate negativity issue. There are always issues with the individuals but in any high-performing team, you'll have a mixture of candidates fulfilling different roles with stready Eddies, water carriers and superstars all contributing together. In fairness, the conundrum is fairly straight-forward and Mohshi's team-mates no doubt have the same frustrations as us fans. No one likes a premadona but the question will always come down to whether the positive contribution is worth the tolerance.

So, how do you solve a problem like Mohsni?
And how do you then convince his team mates that he's worth the problem solving?

Over to you Mr Sturrock.

That said, he has the passion for the game/club/fans that we all love to see.......

Looking forward to 2012 now & assuming he still plays the same way; I can only see his role on the pitch being striker or coming from the bench to change the game.

I beseech the club to keep him as after the last few games we need him, I would also ask our players; would you rather play with him or against him?

Yes, he will be targeted by opponents & he needs to channel the anger/frustration back into positive means, like pushing even harder to try & better his performance instead of the outwards nature of kicking goal posts/corner flags etc...but still he deserves the clubs support.........

IMHO

Not sure if this has been picked up on, but Bilel is in France at the moment, away from the team. Just for the Christmas 'do' or for other obvious reasons?

Chris Phillips just now on twitter:

"Just wanted to clarify that Blues' players are not just annoyed with Bilel because of Oldham red card. A number of incidents have......

annoyed them, both in games and in training. That's why they have reacted the way they did after Tuesday. It's not just the red card.

And before people moan at me I'm not stirring or being negative. I just wanted to clarify the situation."

Interesting....

I can see another directive coming from "upstairs" that tells players not to interact with supporters on things like FB.

Ouch! that will cause him some grief...whatever he thinks of Gilbert, putting it in the public domain on FB will not help his case one bit.

I fail to see how anyone can be on the 'side' of Bilel?? The disruption and negativity that's been generated MUST have put us back to how the squad were last season. I know the man is a talent but it's not him I'm interested in or Peter Gilbert as individuals, I'm only interested in the team as a collective.

Chris Phillips just now on twitter:

"Just wanted to clarify that Blues' players are not just annoyed with Bilel because of Oldham red card. A number of incidents have annoyed them, both in games and in training. That's why they have reacted the way they did after Tuesday. It's not just the red card.

And before people moan at me I'm not stirring or being negative. I just wanted to clarify the situation."

Interesting....

Good find, but 'interesting?', I'm not sure. I'm glad for the clarification from CP but anyone who thought the player reactions were simply down to the two bookings needs their head looked at. This is a culmination and it's no surprise the rest of the lads have reached their limit.

https://p.twimg.com/Ag6KHQECIAMrLhX.jpg

Uh-oh

From Phillips's twitter btw.

That's game over surely. Mohsni, you've got to want it - and that means accepting your part in this and showing a bit of contrition. Really disappointed.

Yeah. Another idiotic move from bilel. If he's acting like that on Facebook then what's going on behind the scenes? Sadly he's leaving sturrock with no option. Transfer list and try and move him on in January. Will be a loss, but unless he sorts his head out he'll always cost points as well as win points, so not a great loss

Funny that when he is scoring/playing well that the whole team loves him - SZ & SUFC = fickle bunch?!?

I know I'm exaggerating what you've said but, in theory, that's no more fickle than refusing to put up with an alcoholic or abusive partner. It's easy to love someone during the good times but it doesn't excuse any subsequent bad behaviour and it's hardly a reason to put up with it.

If I was slightly in doubt before I'm not now, that Facebook post is completely unprofessional, how are we supposed to have a team spirit if he's publicly announcing his hate for players on the team?

Back