• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who goes?

• Total voters
'I know I'm exaggerating what you've said but, in theory, that's no more fickle than refusing to put up with an alcoholic or abusive partner. It's easy to love someone during the good times but it doesn't excuse any subsequent bad behaviour and it's hardly a reason to put up with it. '

That's a very poor analogy Hank lol have you had a bad relationship like this mate?
Anyways, they get paid to play football together ie not like one another, or go on the lash together & beat each other up nor abuse each other - just play football together & get paid!!!

'I know I'm exaggerating what you've said but, in theory, that's no more fickle than refusing to put up with an alcoholic or abusive partner. It's easy to love someone during the good times but it doesn't excuse any subsequent bad behaviour and it's hardly a reason to put up with it. '

That's a very poor analogy Hank lol have you had a bad relationship like this mate?
Anyways, they get paid to play football together ie not like one another, or go on the lash together & beat each other up nor abuse each other - just play football together & get paid!!!

Correct and a very good point. Remember, Sheringham and Cole didn't speak for years, but had a fantastic understanding and relationship on the pitch which yielded goals, points, medals and trophies. I'm sorry, but my under 11's team act with far more professionalism than Bilel, and that is the whole point here, he is SUPPOSED to be a professional.

Some more replies to fans

Fan:
"'Gilbert's not my friend, I hate him' great to see the team spirit in the squad. With a attitude like that amongst the players no surprise to see us slip up last couple weeks. Shock"

Reply:
5ce85b4f-6ef8-734e.jpg

Just remembered when things got so bad that Macca & Bailey wouldn't even pass to each other on the pitch lol...guess that's worse....

Only time will tell with the Mohsni situation, however I have never rated Gilbert and in my opinion is the weak link in a pretty good defence.

I suppose we have to have trust in the manager to sort this problem out as the next few games over christmas, in my opinion will make or break our season.

I fail to see how anyone can be on the 'side' of Bilel?? The disruption and negativity that's been generated MUST have put us back to how the squad were last season. I know the man is a talent but it's not him I'm interested in or Peter Gilbert as individuals, I'm only interested in the team as a collective.

emphatically this.

I would keep the one that can control a football

As a serious suggestion, i would love to see Sawyer given a go at left back. I know he is more of an attacking option, but he has bundles of energy, and can tackle.

I don't get where some people have got that Gilbert hates Mohsni

I can tell you for a fact that they cannot stand each other. its not just one way.

and to add, gilbert is a whinging little ****, he cannot pass for **** and has a huge ego. struts around like he's the bollocks when sadly he really isn't.

I can tell you for a fact that they cannot stand each other. its not just one way.

and to add, gilbert is a whinging little ****, he cannot pass for **** and has a huge ego. struts around like he's the bollocks when sadly he really isn't.

Disagree as, imho, Gilbert's attitude is generally first class. The fact that he plays better in his head than with his body is tragic however. While he's clearly not the greatest left back we've ever had, if the manager selects him and he continues to give 100%, he'll have my support. We've certainly had worse, and to single him for his 'treatment of Mohsni' is ridiculous.

If I had to make a choice between the two it would come down to purely football reasons.
Do I prefer a player who seems to be able to tackle, win the ball in the air 90% of the time, play the ball on the deck more often than not and, crucially, get the ball not only within ten yards of a blue/cherry shirt but more often than not to the player in that shirt when he makes the pass as opposed to a player who doesn't seem to have, or at least show, those abilities; mmmmmmm, let me think.

OK, decided.

Sorry, Eric.:thumbdown:

What he said :thumbsup:

now gilbert is banned watch the blues win and play football on the ground :smile:

Mohnsi is the player I most look forward to seeing on the teamsheet (apart from possibly Ryan Hall) but he seems to be increasingly giving the impression of a very immature individual who is alienating himself from the rest of his team-mates.

Gilbert is obviously this week's (possibly this season's) scapegoat. It will be someone else's turn sooner or later.

Largely disagree too, spoken to him plenty of times and off the field there aren't many nicer blokes in the team. On the field, his competitive nature perhaps seems to get the better of him and he berates anyone withon earshot when he makes an error himself. Bit of a character flaw but he's certainly not a Billy Big Bollocks or a 'strutter'. Quite the opposite, IMO.

Back