• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who goes?

• Total voters
CP tweated a few weeks ago that Gilbert was one of the nicest blokes in the squad too.

He genuinely is, he's a top bloke and always has time to chat. Very 'matey' indeed. As I said, on the field his competitive streak can get the better of him and he angrily blames others for his mistakes but I think I can forgive him that minor character flaw.

Largely disagree too, spoken to him plenty of times and off the field there aren't many nicer blokes in the team. On the field, his competitive nature perhaps seems to get the better of him and he berates anyone withon earshot when he makes an error himself. Bit of a character flaw but he's certainly not a Billy Big Bollocks or a 'strutter'. Quite the opposite, IMO.

entitled to disagree but my god he does strut around. have a look next time he takes 15 minutes to take a throw (hunt style)

He genuinely is, he's a top bloke and always has time to chat. Very 'matey' indeed. As I said, on the field his competitive streak can get the better of him and he angrily blames others for his mistakes but I think I can forgive him that minor character flaw.

I am delighted to read what you say about Mr Gilbert, and I too have found him to be a freindly type.
I also can forgive him for, as you put it that minor character flaw, and put it down to heat of the moment disappointment.

That is of course provide that he too can be big enough to also find forgiveness for his team-mate, and can now shake a hand of friendship when offered to him.

You may care to note that I have not voted on this poll as I would actually prefer that they both stayed on for our promotion push together. I would hate to have a poll at the end of season on here asking 'who's to blame for missing out on promotion'!

Just to add some balance, i had a lovely 15 min chat with Bilel during the summer, and he is also a thoroughly nice bloke without an ego. I guess something takes hold of all these chaps once they cross the chalk eh!

Back