• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you think Bilel will stay beyond this season?

• Yes

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • No

Votes: 102 81.6%

• Total voters

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
New Manager Phil Brown seems to think that Mohsni is the figurehead of the team but do you think there is any chance Bilel will stay beyond his contract?

Same as Clohessy and Tomlin.. (Already been tapped up by MK dons and Gillingham respectively)

Same as Clohessy and Tomlin.. (Already been tapped up by MK dons and Gillingham respectively)

I can't understand whether Bilel is starting to love the club again or just grateful for the opportunity to play. Probably the latter if anything.

I suppose he will get tapped up. Lots of clubs would have been interested but not in paying SUFC a transfer fee.

Martin Allen V Bilel Mohsni would be very tasty!

He'll stay. Brown will make out to Bilel that he is the saviour of Southend and he will build the squad round him etc etc and Bilel will sign a new contract purely because Brown seems to want him and no one else does.

Bilel's stock has fallen a long way since this time last year. He'll leave, but he won't be fighting off suitors. May even have to drop into non-league.

He'll stay. Brown will make out to Bilel that he is the saviour of Southend and he will build the squad round him etc etc and Bilel will sign a new contract purely because Brown seems to want him and no one else does.

Also worried about this happening!

I can't see him dropping to non-league Jai! Think he needs to understand his best position though!

Bilel's stock has fallen a long way since this time last year. He'll leave, but he won't be fighting off suitors. May even have to drop into non-league.

Which is precisely why I think he will sign a new contract. If he had a blinder at Wembley it would be a different story, but millions of people witnessed him have an absolute mare, couple that with his off field problems and hey presto, no offers for Bilel! Seeing as Brown seems to think the sun shines out of Mohsni's arse, I think he'll sign him up.

The trouble is who would have him?
He thought that he was better than us, went on loan, Ipswich, West Ham, they didn`t want him, so he comes back with his tail between his legs, get`s back in the team and gets a red?
As a defender, where he started, you have that height to send him forward with Creswell, for set pieces.
We have good forwards at the moment, but when Britt, goes back to Watford, we seem quite light on fit, in-form attackers that are going to get you 15-20 goals a season.
I`m sure that PB has players that he wants to keep, and players that will go, and contacts from old clubs who will be called in, on loan, probably.
How much of the Wembley money will actually get past RM for players, who knows?
At present, we are not good enough for League 1, we need to build further, Paul Sturrock came in and built a team from scratch and left us where we are now, IMHO, the play offs are gone, knowing our luck we will beat Rochdale away, and then lose to Aldershot, we need consitency, starting now, and continuing into next season.
And please do not play Bilel in centre Midfield again, at least start 11 V`s 11, it gives the opposition a head start, especially a footballing team packing the midfield.
I think we have the basis for a good team next year, and with a few additions, let`s hope we get out of league 2 next year.

Who cares? He's out of contract so he will be let go. I don't think Ron would tolerate a new contract for someone who has cost us in pay days over time.

He'll be gone, as will most of the present squad. I indicated this on the 'stay' or 'go' thread.

My guess is that we'll start next season still with:-
Smith, Straker, Cresswell, Timlin, Corr, Phillips, Eastwood, Prosser and Laird

Since writing that I fear that it could be even worse and Phil Brown could be faced, this summer, with building virtually the whole side, à la Luggy three years ago.............I trust that Ron will have found the key to the Treasure Chest by then. :smile:

He'll be gone, as will most of the present squad. I indicated this on the 'stay' or 'go' thread.

My guess is that we'll start next season still with:-
Smith, Straker, Cresswell, Timlin, Corr, Phillips, Eastwood, Prosser and Laird

Since writing that I fear that it could be even worse and Phil Brown could be faced, this summer, with building virtually the whole side, à la Luggy three years ago.............I trust that Ron will have found the key to the Treasure Chest by then. :smile:

Think Corr is out of contract so can see him going as well - if Brown has any sense he will sort out a new contract for BBBC asap.

I hope he's gone but I've got a feeling he'll stay. His failure to get a new club for, what, 6 months suggests that there wouldn't exactly be a queue of league clubs waiting to snap him up. Brown sadly seems to like him and if we're his only chance of playing professional football then he'll probably stay. I just hope Brown's learnt that he's not a central midfielder.

As for Bilel, I think someone will take a punt on him as he's out of contract. Before he may not have been worth the risk for a fee.

Back