• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Bilel Mohsni would be happy to come back to Southend United

Of course he'd come back. He struggled to find a club earlier this season didn't he?

He's mellowed in his old age. I hope. Let's be honest most of the former player signings have not gone well but BM's such a character with undoubted ability. Give him a chance/trial/opportunity, what can we lose that we haven't already!!

Bilel will be 33 by the time next season starts, I thought SZ was against signing aging players that are past their best?
It’s not that, if it’s his better than we have already got at the time if he gets a chance with us, don’t forget he can play in a number of positions which is a good thing.

I saw him play a couple of times on Alba playing for Dundee United. It was like watching a totally different player. He looked about 2 stone heavier, and he was so slow. No wonder they let him go. And that Scottish Championship is terrible. In fact, the 5 clubs after Rangers, all let him go after not many games. That gives you a clue. Grimsby didn't want him, even on the cheap. So the old Mohsni, yes, the real one now, a definite no.

I saw him play a couple of times on Alba playing for Dundee United. It was like watching a totally different player. He looked about 2 stone heavier, and he was so slow. No wonder they let him go. And that Scottish Championship is terrible. In fact, the 5 clubs after Rangers, all let him go after not many games. That gives you a clue. Grimsby didn't want him, even on the cheap. So the old Mohsni, yes, the real one now, a definite no.
Sadly, this. I’d have the old one back in a heartbeat! What a player. And what a character - not ALL good on that point but as said above, how few we’ve had over the year who were like him and could truly get you out of your seat. The sort of player who’d make you want to get back for the next game.

But sadly, much as we’d want him to come back as the player he was, those days seem to be long gone. Shame.

i would pass ....he's temper would see him sent off tooooo many times and leave the team in a up-hill challenge....he was a good player..watched him many times...but he had a temper back then and it only gets worse with age... sol will bring in the right guys ...along with some super kids that have come through..we will storm the 2nd div next year and we will need to with a 10/12 point deduction...

I'd take him back....purely as a CB.

The team needs strong, occasionally reckless individuals, to make them gel and put some fight back in.

Too many times this season have other teams bullied us, used their nous and played the ref.

He's not the be all and end all, but he'd certainly light a few fires.

Back