• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MM when Olayinka was signed kept saying stuff like that "got to to thank the 'team' here for that one" "He's been well identified to us"

So I then asked around to a fellow on here and someone else who I know associated with the club and had it confirmed that Ricky Duncan pulled in a favour at Arsenal.

For Simeon Akinola, Ron knows his agent very well. (Hence the persistent Darren Currie rumours for Southends last two manager vacancys) Both have done work with Catalyst Sports Management

Fair enough. None of that requires a complete lack of interest or input from MM though, but rather highlights the contribution of others at the club - which is completely normal.

We are in danger of using confirmation bias here to plug in one or two tidbits of inside info to confirm an entire narrative

Fair enough. None of that requires a complete lack of interest or input from MM though, but rather highlights the contribution of others at the club - which is completely normal.

We are in danger of using confirmation bias here to plug in one or two tidbits of inside info to confirm an entire narrative

That's true.

I have to check myself to make sure I don't start up an MM agenda again, because it's not enjoyable, can be a fallacy and as you say confirmation bias. We also are seeing improvements on the pitch, simple basics are starting to be met. But there is one or two red flags I just can't shake yet.

Not to start the MM agenda again because I have been enjoying the *slight* progress we have been making but does Molesley actually have a say in transfers?

From what I gather Ron had big influence in signing Sam Hart, Macca and Akinola. Now we're being conveniently linked with Mohsni.

MMs only singings are Kyle Taylor, ANG, Hobson and Sterling.

Olayinka was actually done to Ricky Duncans credit, due to his close contacts at Arsenal. MM even admitted at much himself.

Not sure where I am going with this, but something very worrying that our transfer policy is mainly being conducted by Ron. I pray to God that MM isnt a yes man that will roll over.

I said the very same thing after Macca signing, and got accused of Trolling by a well known poster

Is mohsni a complete fruitcake yes but possible much less so than in his younger days.

Is he talented. We all know the answer to that and he can literally play anywhere. Personally think as a target man he could be great. Wins everything. Especially dangerous at corners.

Is he a liability. He was but not sure he is still the same young man we once had.

Will he be a positive influence. His off the pitch influence wasn't the issue. In fact he was a perfect gentleman. He just had no off switch to his rage.

We are bottom of the league and if someone like mohsni, who I believe genuinely cares about the club can help then beggars can't be choosers.

He would run himself into the ground trying to get points to keep us up.

He has to be worth a look and if he is even 60% of what he once was then a month to month contract is a good shout.

One of the most exciting players we’ve had in my whole time supporting Southend. If we ever got half of the player we had before then it’s a huge improvement on what we currently have.

Get him back! Cannot understand why people got so annoyed over the idea of him returning.
Don't think anyone doubts his ability and that he's a step above a lot of this squad .However it's managing his temperament on and off the pitch that's the problem.Does MM have the experience and time to keep him under control and get the best out of him on the pitch like Sturrock.

I don't hold out much hope for us not to be relegated this season but if the shred of hope that remains is being pinned on the return of Bilel well........ God help us (whichever God is your preference). A talented footballer yes, very nice guy off the pitch yes, but on the pitch always a whisker away from a red card if someone wound him up. Last time he was with us he was gathering a reputation but now that reputation goes before him and I can imagine every team we play against making him a target. Our plight is bad enough as it is without running the risk of having to play fairly frequently with 10 men.

If RM recruits him he will actually owe MM nothing and not have to pay him much attention..

RM loves recruiting old dogs and having them on half a promise of a coaching/managment position ... Dougie Freedman comes to mind. Milligan fell for this as well.

I bet Macca goes to bed planning his touchline dress code.. and if he fancies it I would give him a try .. maybe Roy Keane mark two.

But its so bad I would give anyone a go .. including Wiggy,

Stroll on, with two of SUEPA in the SUFC squad already poaching another one is taking the pee a bit

It will leave us seriously depleted at just 283 SUEPA squad members left if Ron nabs him.

Asking me and saying 'please' would be a start. I'm not fussed re a fee

Well miffed, Bilel is great in the SUEPA dressing room as he keeps all the over 80's entertained with his impressions of a wartime French policeman speaking English

Amazing that Mohsni is so popular, was given a chance at Grimsby and didn't make a success of it. Problems seem to follow him around whatever club he is at. How many more chances does he want? In our current position we need more players with the character of someone like John White, not the greatest player but always puts in a genuine performance.

Amazing that Mohsni is so popular, was given a chance at Grimsby and didn't make a success of it. Problems seem to follow him around whatever club he is at. How many more chances does he want? In our current position we need more players with the character of someone like John White, not the greatest player but always puts in a genuine performance.

Yes, MM has always said that he only wants players of the right character at the Club. After all the efforts, not to mention financial costs, to rid us of players reputed to be disruptive and unsettling influences in the dressing room why on earth would we him back ?

We are firmly in **** or bust, can it really hurt to launch him up top and cause carnage in the opposition area. Great footwork for a big man, absolutely fierceless. Madness or not if he's fit get him in
He would be a cheap battering ram, with some ability as well. Fits our budget. Anyway what normal sane pro would come to a basket case club like ours ?

He would be a cheap battering ram, with some ability as well. Fits our budget. Anyway what normal sane pro would come to a basket case club like ours ?
Give him a 6 month contract- if he’d sign it. Its a no risk signing given where we are anyway.

I don’t think Bilel quite fits into MM mould of what a model pro should be though so I think this story is a non starter.

Its like Billy Smarts Circus,supporting SUFC.A chairman who moves in and out of the shade,a
manager with a stupendous contract, whilst unproven.A form of a scouting system, most supporters could do as well.In all my sixty odd years of supporting, we are in dire straits.One win in seventeen, and the manager gets a fairly easy ride !! One win and everything seems ok ?
My,my,my. I can't stomach the National League.Anyway Ron can't lose, he just waits for planning permission, and hey presto, money,money,money.Dire,awful,crap.

Back