• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
A wee birdie told me that there had been offers not acceptable to southend and the manager informed Bilel who then asked managers opinion. The manager told him that he thought he still had a lot to learn about pro game and would benefit playing here till end of season then all parties sit down and discuss his future and best interests.Told Bilel his inconsistency and mental strength would have to improve Bilel semed content with managers advice.

A wee birdie told me that there had been offers not acceptable to southend and the manager informed Bilel who then asked managers opinion. The manager told him that he thought he still had a lot to learn about pro game and would benefit playing here till end of season then all parties sit down and discuss his future and best interests.Told Bilel his inconsistency and mental strength would have to improve Bilel semed content with managers advice.

IF that was true we can only hope he doesn't have an agent.

Thanks for that information, will put alot of minds at rest and agree 100% he is still a raw talent and really think he can learn so much with Sturrock guiding him.

I think that makes sense all round, dont get me wrong we do need the money but i think we can play the long game with Moshni and then its good news all round.

1) Buying team gets Moshni with greater experience
2) We keep one of the most exciting talents for the past 10 years a bit longer
3) Ron gets a bigger fee
4) We dont panic buy on 31st!

Wee birdie told me that a huge pat on the back is deserved for Mr Sturrock and whoever found Bilel in the first place. Bilel is a real rough diamond... tell Paul to get his polishing cloth out! Sound advice and I'm pleased Bilel seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders.

I'd be a bit alarmed if my boss told me to be better at being inconsistent. :unsure:

Thanks mr/ms sturrock, sound advice for the lad and congrats for finding such a promising rough diamond.

Shame he will probably not be at Southend very long, but be nice to see him make it at a higher level as long as we are well compensated.

Thanks mr/ms sturrock, sound advice for the lad and congrats for finding such a promising rough diamond.

Shame he will probably not be at Southend very long, but be nice to see him make it at a higher level as long as we are well compensated.

Well, you never know. If we continue as we have done over the last few weeks and let's say get promoted (ok, ok but humour me!), then it may be in the players best interest to see how he fares up a level. In that instance I'd say he's more likely to go NEXT January so we may well have him for another year.

Well, you never know. If we continue as we have done over the last few weeks and let's say get promoted (ok, ok but humour me!), then it may be in the players best interest to see how he fares up a level. In that instance I'd say he's more likely to go NEXT January so we may well have him for another year.

Agree with both points, I think we are hitting form at just the right time and have every chance of going up and if so, I'd like to think that would persuade bilel to stay.

As I said to my mate yesterday, I cannot imagine from where he has come from, mohsni having any sort of aggressive agent and would rely on clunimore sturrock for advice as posted above.

Just reading the op again, and thinking what if we DO 'get an offer that is acceptable to the club'? :(

Confirms there is interest and offers have been made, so if anyone does want him before Tuesday, they could up their offer.

Hopefully mohsnis grasp of English is still not great and the 'gaffer' can blind him with science/Scottish until the window closes!!

That's good enough for me... We were always going to lose him in the summer, so if we can keep hold of him until then and knock more of the rough edges off him, then it should drive the price up and it's beneficial for both parties. If we can keep this good form up, we've an outside chance of gatecrashing the play-offs and what a leaving present that would be; a PO win with Bilel storming a header in.

This is very much what I said yesterday on the OMT...........

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...-vs-Southend&p=1245918&viewfull=1#post1245918

I think that this is, at the moment, a very different situation from that of Bailey or Barnard. Get the feeling that Bilel sees PS as a bit of a father figure and I'm sure that he reckons he owes him a debt of gratitude for plucking him out of obscurity and showing confidence in him. Apart from all that, I think that this is sensible advice for Bilel, in terms of his career..............and of course it's not bad for Southend United either! Would be interesting IF we could, on the off chance, get promotion this season.......................perhaps we would be able to hang onto him.

Does anyone know where and who spotted him,also who brought him in? Please don't tell me Widdrington !!!!

Still think that league two and, more importantly Southend, are the best options for Moshni at the moment. Watching him yesterday in the warm up, he constantly had a smile on his face. Obviously, likes it here and is popular with team mates. A talent like his will be best served by playing first team games where he can improve and learn under Sturrock. Will be better than this level and probably the next, but he still needs work and he'll improve far quicker in league two with us than he would in the Championship/Premier League reserves over the remainder of the season.
The progress he's made under Sturrock since August is very, very impressive. The mistakes he was regularly making (slow in getting out, keeping a line, maybe playing for himself and making aerial & ground challenges that wasn't necessary) are going/gone from his game very quickly.
A very good player, will be a great player I'm sure if he stays and learns under Sturrock and with us.

Still think that league two and, more importantly Southend, are the best options for Moshni at the moment. Watching him yesterday in the warm up, he constantly had a smile on his face. Obviously, likes it here and is popular with team mates. A talent like his will be best served by playing first team games where he can improve and learn under Sturrock. Will be better than this level and probably the next, but he still needs work and he'll improve far quicker in league two with us than he would in the Championship/Premier League reserves over the remainder of the season.
The progress he's made under Sturrock since August is very, very impressive. The mistakes he was regularly making (slow in getting out, keeping a line, maybe playing for himself and making aerial & ground challenges that wasn't necessary) are going/gone from his game very quickly.
A very good player, will be a great player I'm sure if he stays and learns under Sturrock and with us.

I think he will stay till the end of the season and if and its a big if we manage to get into the play-offs and scrape promotion then we could have the same situation as with eastwood who would have surely moved had it not been for promotion.

Im not suggesting we have a team capable of promotion , but on present form anything is possible.

Seems like sound advice. I don't know much about coaching but I'd have thought that he's far better off learning the game through first-team football somewhere like here than he is playing in the reserves at a bigger club, regardless of the resources and training facilities that those Clubs have.

Having just completed some Scottish geography revision, I am treating Cluniemore's posts with the greatest of respect.:winking:

Having just completed some Scottish geography revision, I am treating Cluniemore's posts with the greatest of respect.:winking:

If you check the posting history of the user too, it makes for even more interesting reading.... Puts a whole new slant on the posts.

Back