• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would love that.

But I would feel for Benyon who has been superb recently.

Maybe Freddy and Bill as impact subs. Can you imagine how that would go down.

Good news. At least 2 will share the expectation load. Now lets seal promotion.

Great news, this is turning into a very good week indeed!
Now lets put a run together for those last 8 games and push for a Top 3 finish.:happy:

Heart is delighted, head says something isn't quite right. Anyone else detecting an undercurrent of boardroom meddling?

However, if Bilel is welcomed back by the manager and his team mates, terrific.

I think CP has got it right. The manner of tuesdays defeat- not a single shot on target against a team who were in the conference 2 years ago- was unacceptable and called for desperate measures if you like. The fact is Feddy and Bilel are match winners, along with Hall probably the only ones in our squad. The crowd needs lifting, the place needs a buzz round it with 8 games from the promised land of League one. These moves have certainly achieved that.

So excited at the prospect of Freddy and Bilel up top next Friday (suspect they may be blooded from the bench on Saturday).

One thing that would guarantee is a fair bit of Gypo chanting from the opposition fans in the run in!

One thing I would like to see is some acknowledgement about the role RM has in all of this. Luggy may be the man building a squad the size of an army of occupation but a) Ron has given the opportunity to do so and b) Ron has backed him with the pennies to do so. Whether historically a lot of people on here dislike/disapprove of RM, he is making a statement of clear intent as to where he wants to see this club in terms of league status and I think it reflects all our hopes.

Best news since about 17:00 yesterday.

With Bilel and Freddy back in the side we have a chance. I too feel there may have been a certain amount of boardroom intervention in both announcements but that doesn't concern me too much as our team is better with them than without them.

I hope Benyon isn't overlooked. The guy has been trying hard by all accounts and is just starting to put some goals together.

Either way, these 8 games are going to be a hell of a ride.

One thing I would like to see is some acknowledgement about the role RM has in all of this. Luggy may be the man building a squad the size of an army of occupation but a) Ron has given the opportunity to do so and b) Ron has backed him with the pennies to do so. Whether historically a lot of people on here dislike/disapprove of RM, he is making a statement of clear intent as to where he wants to see this club in terms of league status and I think it reflects all our hopes.

Let's just hope he's not made any financial commitments that he can't live up to. I'll always have some sympathy for him over what happened a couple of years ago because he couldn't have predicted the collapse of the banking and real estate markets but once bitten twice shy.

Agree with you on this.
Even if the return Freddy and Bilel have been influenced by Uncle Ron ( and no evidence that this is the case ) , he has at least put his money ( His , Tara's , Sainsbury's , let's not quibble about that now ) forward and tried to breath some new life into a promotion push that is falering.:smiles:

Agree with you on this.
Even if the return Freddy and Bilel have been influenced by Uncle Ron ( and no evidence that this is the case ) , he has at least put his money ( His , Tara's , Sainsbury's , let's not quibble about that now ) forward and tried to breath some new life into a promotion push that is falering.:smiles:

How is it faltering? We've lost once since Bilel's Morecambe hissy fit. How many chances is this guy going to get? I bet before the end of the season he throws another wobbler. :thumbdown:

How is it faltering? We've lost once since Bilel's Morecambe hissy fit. How many chances is this guy going to get? I bet before the end of the season he throws another wobbler. :thumbdown:

And you really care about that over the times that he single handedly drags us to three points (Northampton, Crewe twice etc.). Some people need to get over the whole behaviour thing and realise that we have to accept the good with the bad. The other players are adults who need to grow up if a few tiffs are creating that much of a problem.

Yes we have only lost once, but that was at home to Aldershot. We also drew at home with Accrington and were outplayed by another promotion rival.

Oh but we've won two...against two of the poorest teams in the division. One of which we nearly threw the points away again.

Anyone who thinks it has all been rosey since Bilel has been out of the team is blind to the fact that we are a better side with him than without him. Give me Bilel over any of our other attacking players. Particuarly so given the way that Sturrock likes to play.

If Bilel gets sent off in a critical match I will eat my words, I expect you to do the same if he scores the goal which gets us promoted.

Back