• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Billericay Town 2-3 Southend United

First Half starting XI predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
So, folks who do you think will be in the first half starting XI, and why? Clearly this is less scientific or arguably interesting than for a league fixture for all sorts of reasons. It might spark debate though!

Ok I’m quiet at work today so.....

Bear in mind this is total guess work as being only the second friendly we have no idea if he’ll go with two sets of 11 again or look to up the minutes already for several....

My guess is the following will be taken into consideration :-

1. Injuries will already dictate that we won’t take 22 players....

2. No one will want the embarrassment of losing to Billericay whether it’s pre season or not

I think he’ll start strong with a view to 45 mins for some and 60 mins for others, so I’d expect to see the 2/3 triallists get at least 45 mins.

I’ve gone 442 diamond

Oxley (Bishop 45mins or vice Verda)

Elvis. Jordan. Lennon. McLaughlin.

Lyden.

Dru. Mantom.

Hutchinson.

Humphrys. Goodship.

That will depend on Roberts being fit and if he is he may then go with wingers and I’d expect him to start.

Kieran and Milligan will maybe play second half but possibly only 30 mins

Theo, Klass and Clifford could all play second half probably at the expense of Hutchinson Mantom and Goodship

Agreed with most of the above. I’ve gone with a 4-3-3 though with a mix of ‘first choice’ and ‘other’ starters - my guesswork - on the basis of wanting to build partnerships in the spine of the team.

So some areas of my team reflect who I think might be first choice, from those available to play, and if so I’ve put them with their likely central defensive / midfield / forward partners - again from those available to play.

I’ve gone with:

Oxley
Bwomono Taylor Jorden Clifford
Klass Lyden Hutchinson
Robinson Humphrys Goodship

No Hyam or Dieng according to Chris Phillips. No mention of Cox, so does that mean he might be available? Article now up saying KB doesn't expect Cox to feature in either match this week.

Callum Roberts is not training with us "at the moment"

Last edited:
No Hyam or Dieng according to Chris Phillips. No mention of Cox, so does that mean he might be available? Article now up saying KB doesn't expect Cox to feature in either match this week.

Callum Roberts is not training with us "at the moment"

Bare bones time again!!

We are probably a centre back, centre half and pacy winger short. To start a game of football.

We need

Hopper
Cox
Demetriou
Kyprianou
Kightly
White ....to sign
Hyam

Back very soon

Bare bones time again!!

We are probably a centre back, centre half and pacy winger short. To start a game of football.

We need

Hopper
Cox
Demetriou
Kyprianou
Kightly
White ....to sign
Hyam

Back very soon

We're missing nobody from Saturday when we managed to field two entirely different XIs.

We're missing nobody from Saturday when we managed to field two entirely different XIs.

It’s staggering how some people seem to literally WANT to find negative rather than enjoy the solution....

We fielded two separate teams which almost every club does in first friendly or two (and may well do tomorrow!) and had several fringe / 23s players who didn’t feature at all....

Yet rather than look forward to seeing a decent triallist, or a Kelman / Klass / Hutchinson / Goodship / Clifford / Acquah etc etc up close rather than just what they’ve heard we’d prefer to moan about how short we are without the perennial scapegoats of last year!!!

It’s only July.....I’m not sure I’m lasting til Xmas at this rate!!

It’s staggering how some people seem to literally WANT to find negative rather than enjoy the solution....

We fielded two separate teams which almost every club does in first friendly or two (and may well do tomorrow!) and had several fringe / 23s players who didn’t feature at all....

Yet rather than look forward to seeing a decent triallist, or a Kelman / Klass / Hutchinson / Goodship / Clifford / Acquah etc etc up close rather than just what they’ve heard we’d prefer to moan about how short we are without the perennial scapegoats of last year!!!

It’s only July.....I’m not sure I’m lasting til Xmas at this rate!!

It's not a negative. It's fact. We have no current team.

Yes we can play trialists and kids but it only covers the fact the we currently don't have a team of seasoned pros.

We have injuries, gaps and kids.

That’s simply not true.....I do get that we are light. I’m not for a second suggesting that we are fully loaded and ready for an assault on the title but already within our ranks we have (fit and rating to play) :-

Oxley
Bwomono
White
Kiernan
Lennon
Mantom
Milligan
Yearwood
McLaughlin
Kightly
Humphrys
Robinson
Goodship

That’s 13 so we can easily start an 11 seasoned experienced pros....

Dieng is only a short term protection injury
Cox is only a muscular short term pre season injury
Hyam maybe a bit more long term but no massive loss as he’s not been available anyway....

Bishop has 20 odd starts already and is almost an accomplished pro....

Even youngsters like Klass Hutchinson and Kelman have 60 squads and 30 appearances between them......nearly every league 1 said will have players of this age experience and level....and use them and they do well enough...

What is the parking like.

Park in one of the side streets off Tye Common Road for free otherwise you will get clipped for a fiver to park in the car park. As anywhere don’t leave any “please steal me” items visible in your car.

Giving this game a huge miss. Live in Billericay and my last two visits there has seen us concede 6 and 7 goals. Made worse by their new found fan base giving it large about being the best team in Essex blah blah blah. Cant see tomorrow being very different. They will be at full strength and right up for it, cant see us being the same

Back