• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Billericay Town 2-3 Southend United

First Half starting XI predictions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good work out. Entertaining game that could have ended with a bigger scoreline.

Dru looked good.

Milligan just played the anchor role.

Humphreys looked the real deal. Big strong and always looking to shoot.

Some of the kids/youth looked promising.

Quite an enjoyable evening.

That mural thing out the back of their main stand is just plain embarrassing

Can anyone confirm how tall Corey Jordan is? Is he a giant or a similar size to Rob Kiernan?

Similar size to Kiernan. Looks tall enough and (unsurprisingly, as he comes from a Prem academy) composed enough with ball at feet but maybe not strong enough yet. It’s hard to judge defenders from these types of games though when defenders don’t get tested much. Unlike Blackman I’d be interested in a second look as I feel there’s something to work with there.

SOUTHEND United’s first team coach Svetoslav Todorov was pleased with aspects of the Shrimpers’ 3-2 win at Billericay Town – but stressed there was still plenty to work on.

More...

How did Goodship do?

It was difficult for him. He's been used to 442 at Weymouth, working alongside a striker who did a lot of the donkey work.

Last night he was up top on his own (433) and I don't think playing with his back to goal is his strong point. Be interesting to see how he plays with another striker.

Andre Blackman played better than I've seen him when on trial previously, took a nasty injury but played on. Defensively we looked a little lightweight in the 1st half, and should have done better with their 1st goal.

I thought Dru was a bit ineffective to be honest, and Bond was shouting at him loads. Millican looked very decent alongside. Macca looked like the Macca of old, Theo seemed to be playing right wing, which isn't his best side as he's definitely left footed, but I thought he did really well.

2nd half, the youngsters plus White, Kiernan and Humphreys came on. Some absolutely glorious passing between Clifford, Kelman and Hutchinson. Humphreys is still a beast, mask on, shin pads off, socks rolled down! Klass also wore no shin pads and had his socks rolled down, looked better than last season - better physically. Kelman shone for me, looks to have grown up and worked hard during the break.

Young Freddy was there watching, strutting around in a skin tight track suit. Cox, Demi, Barrett and Harry Kyp also all there watching.

A good run out, undoubtedly a better standard than Wakering, still seems a shame not to be playing more of the lower league local sides though.

My 1st time to Billericay since Tamplin took over, full credit to those working there - very decent selection of hot food, and obviously a very decent bar.

Andre Blackman played better than I've seen him when on trial previously, took a nasty injury but played on. Defensively we looked a little lightweight in the 1st half, and should have done better with their 1st goal.

I thought Dru was a bit ineffective to be honest, and Bond was shouting at him loads. Millican looked very decent alongside. Macca looked like the Macca of old, Theo seemed to be playing right wing, which isn't his best side as he's definitely left footed, but I thought he did really well.

2nd half, the youngsters plus White, Kiernan and Humphreys came on. Some absolutely glorious passing between Clifford, Kelman and Hutchinson. Humphreys is still a beast, mask on, shin pads off, socks rolled down! Klass also wore no shin pads and had his socks rolled down, looked better than last season - better physically. Kelman shone for me, looks to have grown up and worked hard during the break.

Young Freddy was there watching, strutting around in a skin tight track suit. Cox, Demi, Barrett and Harry Kyp also all there watching.

A good run out, undoubtedly a better standard than Wakering, still seems a shame not to be playing more of the lower league local sides though.

My 1st time to Billericay since Tamplin took over, full credit to those working there - very decent selection of hot food, and obviously a very decent bar.

I thought Dru was a cut above in the first half. All opinions.

Friendlies are always hard to judge. These are fitness exercises but I was really disappointed in Dru. I don’t think I’m putting too much on his young shoulders. He’s off the back of a poor season.

He did look like he’d worked on some shooting in fairness to him but he needs to keep the ball closer to his feet when he’s running with it and be more in control of his decisions. His second touch was a tackle all evening

Couple of half chances. Always got the shot away though. There was one early one where he did well to manufacture a chance for himself with his back to goal

Thanks for the interesting report. Did Jordan Lyden play? If so, how did he perform?

Also. Credit where it’s due to Tamplin. He’s turned that into a cracking little non league setup. I’ve been to plenty of league grounds that don’t have a bar that nice

Pitch is still on the **** though ??

Back