• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a reserve team cup. It is a first team cup for most of the teams in it, in which we choose to play "reserves".

Kevin Maher is in charge of the game, not Phil Brown, which suggests we are treating it as an under 23 fixture with a couple of cameos for fringe players like McGlashan and Theo.

It is not a reserve team cup. It is a first team cup for most of the teams in it, in which we choose to play "reserves".

Weak teams are played right down to National league south level, think the only teams that put full strength sides out are Isthmian and below. No professional club cares about these competitions in any county. I'd compare us in this to Chelsea in the checkatrade trophy, very low priority.

Blues to field strong side for cup clash at Billericay

SOUTHEND United will be fielding a strong side for this evening’s Essex Senior Cup clash at Billericay Town.

More...

Does not count as a first team appearance for us though, does it for non-league teams?

Billericay's not far and I was seriously thinking of going there tonight until I saw that the gate price is £11.........really Mr Tamplin? It's bad enough that the Checkatrade ticket is up to £10 for the cousins visit but £11 for Ricaay, no thanks.

Billericay's not far and I was seriously thinking of going there tonight until I saw that the gate price is £11.........really Mr Tamplin? It's bad enough that the Checkatrade ticket is up to £10 for the cousins visit but £11 for Ricaay, no thanks.

£8 tops they should be charging IMHO

I reckon they must be hoping for a few Southend turning up tonight :thumbsup:

Bishop

Elvis
Dan M
Turner:hilarious:
Hendrie

McGlashan
Dru
Klass
Bridge

Robinson
Ba

Bishop

Elvis
Dan M
Turner:hilarious:
Hendrie

McGlashan
Dru
Klass
Bridge

Robinson
Ba

i’d go with that starting XI too although I think Sonny Coutts will replace Turner, but yeah it’s a laugh to think we’ll ever see him in a Blues shirt.

Also be good for players such as Cotton, Batlowka and Wabo to get some action!

He's not a multi millionaire for nothing you know :smile:

If you've not seen the huuuuuuuge mural all the way along the back of the main stand , then the laugh you will get from seeing that alone is worth the £11. Its astonishing , it really is . The fella's ego is seemingly limitless , i dont think it will be long before a 30 foot gold statue will be unveiled. But just go with it , its great entertainment on our doorstep....Also the beers n burgers are cheap. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back