• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

On Oddschecker, Billericay at 5/6 for the Ryman Prem title with Betway, other clubs at 10-1 and longer...

On Oddschecker, Billericay at 5/6 for the Ryman Prem title with Betway, other clubs at 10-1 and longer...

If anyone is thinking of getting on I would be interested to hear what sort of bet they'll lay.

They only offered me £20 when I wanted 5/6 on Norwich for a top six Championship finish last year. Silly sods - I wanted to bet much more than that and it lost by miles!

On the verge of signing Jermaine Pennant for £3k a week if you believe The Sun. I usually wouldn't, but it's Billericay.

My Dad's a sign fitter and he does a lot of football grounds including ours and Billericay's, he said the facilities will be better than most football league clubs his worked at. Amazing what gets done when your owner has money to spend...

He's now bowed to fans / the bandwagon brigades comments and is cutting the new programme price from £4 to £3 (still pricey for that level) for supposedly an A4 sized issue (?) plus a charge of £6 for parking has been mooted.

With the number of companies he has had, then closes down before HMRC come-a-calling, bit of a debatable point just who is actually funding it.

On the verge of signing Jermaine Pennant for £3k a week if you believe The Sun. I usually wouldn't, but it's Billericay.

My Dad's a sign fitter and he does a lot of football grounds including ours and Billericay's, he said the facilities will be better than most football league clubs his worked at. Amazing what gets done when your owner has money to spend...

done deal apparently :stunned:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/834090/Billericay-Town-Jermaine-Pennant-Arsenal-Liverpool

He has a plan to make Billericay a football league club within 5 years, possible if he makes these signings but is he there for the long term, his worth some 45 million but that won't get you in the football league for certain:blush:

Will be hard pressed to meet Conf Natl requirements where they are now, not a hope for the FL.

Hahaha..." Steel magnate" - joke of the week! With all the players he's signed on ridiculous contracts they can't all possibly play regularly so he must hope the financial inducements will satisfy them when sitting on the bench week after week.

Plenty of over 30 year-old ex-League lads now playing in non-league yet very few make much of an impression.

I've just had a look at companies house out of couriosity and he has resigned, dissolved or had liquidated a majority of the companies he has been a director of. Can't work out which business or businesses would be the successes to accumulate such wealth. Given billericay are not a sleeping giant, this doesn't seem to bode well for the club in the long term!

can see them pulling over 1k fans with all whats going on there but they need constant success for that figure to stay and grow. As soon as they team starts to struggle the fans will disappear as quickly as they started showing up

Back