• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay

Their idiot of a chairman has been very quiet with all this going on. Wonder if he is going to jump ship soon?

Their idiot of a chairman has been very quiet with all this going on. Wonder if he is going to jump ship soon?
Desperate in need of a buyer I think, not just for him but the fans also, no one will take this on until other players have gone and wage bill is cut even more.

Yeah and what’s happened to Sam deering, not even in the squad yesterday, not sure Alfie potter was either, maybe the next two players to go.

Deering was an unused sub against Woking, and Potter started against Chelmsford but was subbed at half time.

Desperate in need of a buyer I think, not just for him but the fans also, no one will take this on until other players have gone and wage bill is cut even more.

Lot of (irregular) financial issues surrounding GT at the present time which clouding matters. If he’s logged his ‘investments’ as loans as opposed to donations then finding a buyer will prove much more difficult than taking on the club with a reduced wage bill.

Deering was an unused sub against Woking, and Potter started against Chelmsford but was subbed at half time.

Strange that as Deering is their best player by a country mile, also one of their highest paid. That’s if he and his team-mates are actually still being paid...

Strange that as Deering is their best player by a country mile, also one of their highest paid. That’s if he and his team-mates are actually still being paid...
Most probly earns his money on appearances and win bonuses along with a few others, maybe that’s why his been left out, there best and most consistent player by far.

Unlikely I'd think. Opting to drop down 2 levels when already on big money at Ebbsfleet it's very doubtful he would have done so unless offered a higher (guaranteed) basic.....

After talking to another local non league chairman/owner I could tell you the reason but you would ban me for liable.....He has been out of the country on long holiday

After talking to another local non league chairman/owner I could tell you the reason but you would ban me for liable.....He has been out of the country on long holiday
I was told the reason too. I think it's common knowledge around the club and should be no surprise to anyone who has followed Tamplin's exploits over the last couple of years.

Asides GT's ongoing exploits, Groves comments about sustainability doesn't tie-in with having added two players to the wage bill in the past week.

Asides GT's ongoing exploits, Groves comments about sustainability doesn't tie-in with having added two players to the wage bill in the past week.

The one's that have gone or are going were on Thousands per week. The one's coming in are on Hundreds. So there's going to be a big difference to the wage bill and quality of player. They could drop like a stone if they don't get the balance right.

Two already in (one on a 2 year contract) with yet more players to come, whilst Deering is still there and on very big money. That does not equate to the spouted policy of targetting financial ‘sustainability’, it’s not going to happen.

Signed on another three players, all of whom started today, two of them on 18 month contracts.....

Their manager Dean Brennan and assistant manager Stuart Maynard have been sacked.

Back