• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is the greater Southend legend?

• Gary Moore

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Best and Moore.

Not George and Bobby, but the true greats of Billy and Gary, who formed probably the most famous partnership in Southend history. But which one makes it through to the next round?

Sad that these two have come up against one another in the poll as they were one of the best front pairings that I have seen in 43 years of supporting Southend. However, Billy Best is my favourite player of all time - a natural goalscorer with a tremendous workrate and a good team player. Sorry, Gary, but it has to be Billy for me.

No contest this one for me.Gary was big and strong and a grafter but had so much less ability than Billy Best, and scored a lot fewer goals too

Sad that these two have come up against one another in the poll as they were one of the best front pairings that I have seen in 43 years of supporting Southend. However, Billy Best is my favourite player of all time - a natural goalscorer with a tremendous workrate and a good team player. Sorry, Gary, but it has to be Billy for me.

I agree with your sentiment - it has to be Billy for me

Shame when a wholehearted player who himself was a legend albeit a lesser one has to be voted off but yes only one way to vote for me on this.

I nominated Gary, but as already been said - he was a grafter and not such a talented footballer as BB.

Gary was probably the provider for many of BB's goals but I would vote for Billy Best.

Back