• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Binyam Mohamed

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Binyam Mohamed's been held at Guantanamo for four years after being accused by the U.S authorities of planning terrorist attack. He alleges he was tortured while he was questioned in Pakistan, Morocco and Afghanistan

His brother claims he has been let down by his Country and is of course totally innocent.

Apparently he went to Afghanistan in 2001 and was subsequently arrested in Pakistan shortly after 9/11. A bloke on the Radio this morning, who is apparently looking after him, said “he is just a Janitor form Kensington and wouldn’t hurt anyone”

My question is, what was he doing there during a period when “his Country” were having a few problems with Afghanistan?

Who paid for his trip? Who will pay for him now?

Does anyone have any sympathy for this person?

If he has done something wrong Charge him then punish him.

If he visited Afghanistan before Pakistan and was arrested in Pakistan shortly after 9/11 he was not "there during a period when “his Country” were having a few problems with Afghanistan? " as the War with Afghanistan began on October 7, 2001

Again? Firestorm's first line sums it up for me, that's the way I want to see suspects dealt with.

The problem as I see it, id if you wait for a terrorist to do something wrong, hundreds of people, and the terrorist could die. If there is reasonable suspicion, surely its fair to take action.

The problem as I see it, id if you wait for a terrorist to do something wrong, hundreds of people, and the terrorist could die. If there is reasonable suspicion, surely its fair to take action.

I suppose it comes down to a matter of Law, as things stand suspicion of Terrorism seems to be sufficient to be able to act above the law and we know from past incidents with a number of miscarriages involving Irish "terrorists" it doesn't nessecarily work.

There have been a number of "explosive device" incidents in the past with animal Liberationists. Would it be acceptable to detain a white Middle Class woman for 4 years and torture her because she is a member of the Animal Liberation Front ?

His brother claims he has been let down by his Country and is of course totally innocent.

Apparently he went to Afghanistan in 2001 and was subsequently arrested in Pakistan shortly after 9/11. A bloke on the Radio this morning, who is apparently looking after him, said “he is just a Janitor form Kensington and wouldn’t hurt anyone”

My question is, what was he doing there during a period when “his Country” were having a few problems with Afghanistan?

Who paid for his trip? Who will pay for him now?

Does anyone have any sympathy for this person?

i have full sympathy for him, but then again I have sympathy for anyone who isnt white english blonde haired blue eyes

Probably fair to take some action, but that's a different question to the one you initially asked.

My main query was what was he doing there in the first place?

This from the BBC:

According to Mr Mohamed, he wanted to kick a drug habit and get away from familiar haunts in London.

Good idea Binyam. Go to the place whose poppy fields produce more heroin than any other.

What absolute rubbish.

Can I just point out that he is an Ethiopian national and nothing to do we us so why are we being held responsible for his well being.

Can I just point out that he is an Ethiopian national and nothing to do we us so why are we being held responsible for his well being.

He claimed asylum when he was 16 (1994) and had leave to remain.
It would appear that the status of his asylum was never resolved at the point he was arrested.

I don't think we are being "held responsible" for his well being, rather more assisting in ensuring it.

The responsibility for his well being lies solely with his captors

Back