• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Scrolling through games played on my birthday, I realised I've only seen us play once on my birthday - a drab 1-0 win at home to Scarborough in 89 - I got a happy birthday on the tannoy as well! The other games on that day (whilst I've been a fan) have been losses at Derby (0-7, 92/3), Birmingham (0-2, 95/6) and a draw at Derby (0-0, 87/8). For some reason we haven't played much on the 7th October - so what games can you remember on your birthday and what was the best game?

My birthday is late July so it'd only be a friendly, but I can't ever remember going to a game on that date.
On the plus side, I never once had to go to school on my birthday :smile:

Born in early August so it's usually pre season and I've never seen one of those, but in 2010 I saw Paul Sturrock's first game (Stockport?) and Jedi Blair scuffed one in on off his shin for a very boring 1-0 win.

From the post title I thought this was going to be one of your renowned Napster competitions so I was a bit underwhelmed when I read the post............but the best one for me was with my Mrs prior to her Mrs RHB status. She said 'what's your game?', I told her and it was a very successful birthday present on my part. I can't remember the score by the way, but as it was not on a match day, there ya go.

My birthday is late July so it'd only be a friendly, but I can't ever remember going to a game on that date.
On the plus side, I never once had to go to school on my birthday :smile:

Born in early August so it's usually pre season and I've never seen one of those, but in 2010 I saw Paul Sturrock's first game (Stockport?) and Jedi Blair scuffed one in on off his shin for a very boring 1-0 win.

Like me, you're both Leos. Explains a lot about our posts.

Last year - 2-1 win at Portsmouth. Fantastic day.

Had we beaten Scarborough in the FA Cup back in 2003/04, the fourth round tie against Chelsea would (probably) have been on my birthday. I was quite excited about that prospect for a while but then we ****ed it up so I went to Cheltenham races instead.

I'd look up some more, but for some reason the SUFC database site is blocked at my office :nope:

Last edited:
I'd look up some more, but for some reason the SUFC database site is blocked at my office :nope:

Think it's down. I can't get on it for some reason.

Like me, you're both Leos. Explains a lot about our posts.

Leo and my name is Paul
You see I like all women of the world
You see to me all women are wild flowers
And if you understand what I'm sayin'
I want you to

Float, float on (So float with me, baby)

I was mascot on my 10th birthday, 27th January 2004, It was freezing cold and the worst 0-0 I have ever witnessed! Happy Birthday to me!

Is it easy to put in one date and get a list, or do you have to scroll through every season one by one?

Last year - 2-1 win at Portsmouth. Fantastic day.

Had we beaten Scarborough in the FA Cup back in 2003, the fourth round tie against Chelsea would (probably) have been on my birthday. I was quite excited about that prospect for a while but then we ****ed it up so I went to Cheltenham races instead.

And SUFCDB hasn't been updated for over a year - I've asked before without luck, but does anyone know if Robin is OK and why his superb site is now neglected?

EDIT
I was looking at sufcdb.co.uk last week and it was fully accessible, but as MK has pointed out it now seems to be down. It would be a huge loss to us all if it has gone :-(

Scrolling through games played on my birthday, I realised I've only seen us play once on my birthday - a drab 1-0 win at home to Scarborough in 89 - I got a happy birthday on the tannoy as well! The other games on that day (whilst I've been a fan) have been losses at Derby (0-7, 92/3), Birmingham (0-2, 95/6) and a draw at Derby (0-0, 87/8). For some reason we haven't played much on the 7th October - so what games can you remember on your birthday and what was the best game?

Great work, since i'm October the 7th as well you have saved me a lot of work.

I'm talking bollox. That Stockport game was four days later and it was a 1-1 draw. Getting old :stunned:

We did beat Plymouth in 2013 1-0 however.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head was 2009 when Lee Barnard scored a late penalty to give us a 2-1 win on a Friday night against MK Dons, one of few victories that season!

And SUFCDB hasn't been updated for over a year - I've asked before without luck, but does anyone know if Robin is OK and why his superb site is now neglected?

EDIT
I was looking at sufcdb.co.uk last week and it was fully accessible, but as MK has pointed out it now seems to be down. It would be a huge loss to us all if it has gone :-(

I was only looking at it this morning, so doubt it's gone.

EDIT

I was only looking at it this morning, so doubt it's gone.
Just checked and it is still there, been a while since it was updated but it's still live.

Ah ok. Now SUFCDB is back I can confirm the following (only taking in to account games played on January 24th since I've been supporting the club)...

2015 - Portsmouth 1-2 Southend
2009 - Southend 0-1 Yeovil
2004 - Mansfield 1-0 Southend
1998 - Burnley 1-0 Southend
1986 - Scunthorpe 2-0 Southend

Only went to one of those...thankfully!

7th December - haven't been to any but here the ones I've been alive for

2013 - 3-1 Win @ Chesterfield FA Cup 2nd Round (Laird, Straker, Hurst)
2004 - 2-2 Draw @ Orient Lge 2 (Gray, Eastwood)
2002 - 1-1 Draw vs Bournemouth FA Cup 2nd Round (Rawle)
1999 - 0-1 Loss vs Cheltenham Auto Windscreen Shield 1st Round
1996 - 0-3 Loss vs Barnsley Division One
And the day I was born
1991 - 2-1 Win vs Brighton Division Two (Ansah, Tilson)

Back