• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not quite my birthday but I was 50 on March 2 1956 and March 4 2006....Col Ewe 0 Southend 3 - and I saw Che Wilson score an away :Goal:

Not quite my birthday but I was 50 on March 2 1956 and March 4 2006....Col Ewe 0 Southend 3 - and I saw Che Wilson score an away :Goal:

Wow, 110 and you've still got your marbles. Well done mate :winking:

Funny enough , today is my 30th anniversary of my first game , which was for my 8th birthday, 11 October 1986. We drew 1-1 at home to Col Utd!

30 years .... quite a milestone I suppose !

And SUFCDB hasn't been updated for over a year - I've asked before without luck, but does anyone know if Robin is OK and why his superb site is now neglected?

" Work commitments mean it is currently not being updated" it says on the home page.

I checked on the day I was born and we played the day before, losing 4-0 away at some Northern outpost*

How things have changed and improved since those dark days! :winking:

*Bradford Park Avenue.

Only time I've seen us play on my birthday was the first play-off final at Cardiff, beat that! :smile::smile:

Hartlepool United away. 13th Feb 1990. 22nd birthday. Got a wee bit worse for drink before hand. Took a pee at some point during the match and missed our goal!!!

1993.... On the 12th we played Sheffield Wednesday in the 5th round of the cup and the following day I watched Sheffield United knock Man United out of the same competition. Saw a magnificent punch up in the loos.

This year we went to Scunthorpe. And lost.

Not a great set of results for my birthday (12th January) over my time of supporting - 8 games - 2 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses:

12/13 - Exeter (A) lost 3-0
07/08 - Yeovil (H) drew 1-1 (Bailey)
04/05 - Boston (A) lost 2-0
01/02 - Mansfield (H) won 1-0 (Bramble)
93/94 - Bolton (A) lost 2-0
90/91 - Crewe (H) won 2-0 (Angell x 2)
85/86 - Swindon (A) - lost 2-1 (Westley)
73/74 - Cambridge (A) - lost 3-2 (Coulson, Ford)

I'd have seen the Yeovil game but I suspect that's the only one.

I can only remember one game played on my birthday(23rd December), and that was a 4-0 hammering by Birmingham in the championship under Tilson. Definitely hasnt been one since, not sure there have many before it.

The Shrewsbury game in a couple of weeks is on my birthday (29th October). The last time we played on this date was in 2011, when we won 2-0 at Macclesfield

I've never witnessed a Southend game on my birthday, the closest was the following day (21st may) it was during our promotion winning season of 2004-2005. It was the play off semi final 2nd leg. We won 1-0 against Northampton at roots hall with Freddy getting the only goal from the penalty spot.

Just checked mine for 19th March..............Born at the final whistle of a 3-1 away defeat to Swindon so that don't count but the 7 home and 9 away since resulted in 3 wins 4 defeats and 9 draws. Probably went the the home game v PNE (2-2) in 1982 but don't remember it. Deffo do remember the 1977 1-0 win at Col Ewe but there are already plenty of posts about that (TOP) day. Can't say I was at any of the others......................Gonna take me Anorak off now !!

Back