• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bit of Transfer Gossip

Rousey22

Afternoon all

I've been on this site quite a while but just been a voyer so to speak but I have a bit of interesting goss I thought people might be interested in...

I have it on good authority that we are set to sign a striker from those west country boys coming up today.

They have him on loan and is only 19, didnt take long to work out its that James Walker fella they have on loan from Charlton, only difference is he recently turned 20 so would assume it is the one and the same...

If he isn't in the team or doesnt play today which my source said he didnt think he would (and has been a regular since arriving), it should be a done deal

Don't :guns: the messenger if it doesnt happen, but it sounds very likely!!

Sounds like the type of player Tilly would look at and very realistic as well , local lad and will not demand huge wages , sounds like it has some legs , this rumour , will see if he plays today , and lets hope we put on a good performance to show him how we can perform.

Afternoon all

I've been on this site quite a while but just been a voyer so to speak but I have a bit of interesting goss I thought people might be interested in...

I have it on good authority that we are set to sign a striker from those west country boys coming up today.

They have him on loan and is only 19, didnt take long to work out its that James Walker fella they have on loan from Charlton, only difference is he recently turned 20 so would assume it is the one and the same...

If he isn't in the team or doesnt play today which my source said he didnt think he would (and has been a regular since arriving), it should be a done deal

Don't :guns: the messenger if it doesnt happen, but it sounds very likely!!

As long as he is better than the last so called striker coming out of Yeovils mits!

Cheers for the info Rousey, hopefully it'll come through true and hopefully this guy is decent, never heard of him before.

After reading glasgows Charlton link he looks like he could do well for us. Not prolific but you're going to be hard stretched to find a prolific striker that will be allowed to leave a good team like Charlton. He's powerful which is always good, hopefully that implies a bit of pace, but either way I'm liking Tilsons direction this window, signing young players quite cheaply who will want to work, fans wont get on there backs, due to the small fee and they could develop to be just what we need.

T&B, top work (if it's true, of course)

Last edited:
Another one for the future!!!!
Yep.

I'd rather consolidate for now, finish say 14th this season, and bring in some youngsters with a passion to make a name for themselves (Scannell and Masters have already stated this) who have some raw ability and we wont have to be selling on for half the price when the fans realise they cost 200k and don't score a goal a game. Tilson has probably realised that our fans don't get along with big money signings, the expectations overflow. He knows what he is doing, wouldn't want anyone else in the job.

Another one for the future!!!!

So what if he is? Thank goodness RM and T&B are thinking about our future and trying to build for it. I find that very comforting, and the perfect answer to those who fear that RM doesn't have our best interests at heart.

And yes, it would be lovely to get experienced ready-for-the-first-team-now pro's in but we won't hear much about Tilly's targets and offers until something comes of them, for well-rehearsed reasons. Signing young players for the future is NOT evidence that we are not also trying to sign the aforementioned Solid Pro's at the same time.

So what if he is? Thank goodness RM and T&B are thinking about our future and trying to build for it. I find that very comforting, and the perfect answer to those who fear that RM doesn't have our best interests at heart.

And yes, it would be lovely to get experienced ready-for-the-first-team-now pro's in but we won't hear much about Tilly's targets and offers until something comes of them, for well-rehearsed reasons. Signing young players for the future is NOT evidence that we are not also trying to sign the aforementioned Solid Pro's at the same time.

If you are happy buying players for the future, all well and good, but when they are ready, why will they want to play a team trying to stave off relgation to the conference..FFS, we need players who can play NOW

He's not been named in starting eleven - interesting. This is a very realistic signing to be honest.

If you are happy buying players for the future, all well and good, but when they are ready, why will they want to play a team trying to stave off relgation to the conference..FFS, we need players who can play NOW

You can't have read my whole post. It's not EITHER we buy for the future OR we buy for now, Tilly is trying to do both. It is quite clear that Tilly is looking to bring in players for the first team (Elliot and Fallon that we know of) but he isn't going to blab about every target. It isn't that easy to get the right players, as the fans of ANY club will tell you. There is still over half the transfer window to go. Stop flapping!

no worries - also, i can tell you he will go straight into the team, and not be put into the reserves, etc - probably part to do with charlie

he was sitting behind me in the directors box today, and i can tell you that contrary to the other thread we haven't paid 200k for him...

Great info Rousey, thanks for that.

Do you have any info on the striker who we have put in over £250k bid for?

yeah i cant say who but i believe he currently plays for bristol R... i believe it was a failed attempt

Back