• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bizarre ending to say the least.

Just been reading that they are going to have to reply the whole game - crazy decision
Indeed - NL statement:

"Following the abandonment of the Vanarama National League North fixture between Scunthorpe United and Buxton on Saturday 9 September due to adverse weather, it has been determined that the fixture will be rescheduled in full.​

The matter was considered thoroughly, with the outcome decided in line with National League regulations and previous occurrences of this nature.

A new date for the game will be announced by the Clubs in due course."

Hhmm. So the match abandoned in the 96th minute, with Buxton leading 2-1. So unfair on Buxton. It they were drawing on the time of abandonment, then fair enough. What do you think? I think they should rewrite the rules so if a match is replayed after an abandonment, the score carries on from the first game. So replay the game, with Buxton leading 2-1.

Hhmm. So the match abandoned in the 96th minute, with Buxton leading 2-1. So unfair on Buxton. It they were drawing on the time of abandonment, then fair enough. What do you think? I think they should rewrite the rules so if a match is replayed after an abandonment, the score carries on from the first game. So replay the game, with Buxton leading 2-1.
In Spain la Liga postoned games are re-srarted from the moment that they are stopped with the score remaining the same.That's always seemed to me to be a good system (though I'm not sure I'd turn up to see a re-arranged match starting in the 95th minute -nor would many othera I Imagine)Come to think of it I once went to see a re-arranged Espanyol match againt Valencia back in the noughties re-srarted from the 70th minute with the score at 1-1 which had originally been abandoned because of a thunder storm.Don't think I was able to make the original match IIRC.

Last edited:
A very bizarre situation. Personally feel the game should be restarted from where it got abandoned with the same scoreline.

However there clearly has been very poor communication from the referee as for quite a while nobody seemed to know what was going on. Although it should be fairly obvious the referee can't just blow the full time whistle early due to the weather and that score stands.

Back