• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Black Friday

MK Shrimper

Striker
People arrested, kids being punched, shops having to be shut down because staff can't cope.

Another delightful US import - what a wonderful side of humanity. :thumbdown:

I was going to post in the hacking off thread about this! Why the **** has it come over here, we don't celebrate thanks giving!

Our culture, identity and traditions are under threat and it's not from Islam but rather the cultural imperial invaders of the US. Resist Halloween, resist Black Friday. The resistance starts here....

Don't even understand the financial motive for it. I get loss leaders to entice shoppers in, but people shop at supermarkets anyway. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

It does annoy me that black Friday is becoming so big yet when it’s Shaun Goater day you hardly hear anything:winking:

The Apple US online store has discounts while the UK store doesn't... I was hoping to get a few quid off an iPhone for our daughters Christmas present :nope::nope:

Don't even understand the financial motive for it. I get loss leaders to entice shoppers in, but people shop at supermarkets anyway. Perhaps someone can enlighten me.

It's totally an American thing. The shops don't start promoting Christmas and people don't start preparing for Christmas until they've had Thanksgiving which is always the last Thursday in November. Black Friday is the following day and the signal for people to start getting stock moving through shops as quickly as possible, hence the mad price cuts. Americans generally have the two days off work, probably a large number of the people as Jam_Man said (and as we'd said at work earlier) practically looting here are the usual bunch of largely work shy citizens.

It's an American tradition that they can keep. It has no place in the UK calendar and is just an excuse for a free for all as far as I can tell.

Got to punch an 80 year old woman in the face and get a Polaroid 60" TV as well.

A day full of win for me.

Our culture, identity and traditions are under threat and it's not from Islam but rather the cultural imperial invaders of the US. Resist Halloween, resist Black Friday. The resistance starts here....

Outrage about cheap TVs and indifference towards outright treason.

27cde5540742089d5b1646675423c0ef879ffe8059484b21483292abc90bd0ac.jpg

Outrage about cheap TVs and indifference towards outright treason.

I'm not indifferent to outright treason: I resent American traditions (pumpkins are a new world crop!) overshadowing a festival celebrating the demise of a treasonous papist plot.

I also resent shopping at any time.

Spot the difference between Black Friday news footage and every zombie film ever.

The only thing you can't buy is dignity.

Then again if somebody mugged me off in Morrisons they would get a dry slap.

Right between the mincers.

Back