• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Black

Tommy black in for?

• Kevin Maher

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Alan Mccormack

• JCR

Votes: 41 74.5%
  • Nicky Bailey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marky G

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • none of the above

• Total voters

silentshrimper

Director
Ok I was not at the game but have seen him come on as a sub against cheltenham and west ham...Hes was very good. Everyone else has been raving about him when he comes on, and how he just needs to get a tiny bit more fitness before he starts a game.

But whos place will he take?

Today Bailey took JCRs place and did very well with the other three, I cant see the middle 2 being left out and Gower has been an ever present for the last 3-4 seasons and can be very consistant to and gets the goals.

Who would you put him in for or would you not put him in at all?

Well it sounds like Jcr has gone now anyway ..so thats easley solved ...:)

black should only be in when he is fully fit... hopefully he'll get a decent runout on tuesday

Yes whats all this speculation about JCR, been a bit out of touch last week.

I watched him hogging and show boating v cheltenham, wondered if he was trying to impress people who wernt out management team but maybe scouts from other clubs.

I made a post last week about JCR holding onto the ball too long. Black likes a dribble but seems to bea lot more direct. JCR wants to join Barnsley asap so the only problem is who else should play in midfield.

For me Bailey is a centre mid player and at times today we didnt have anyone in front of Gilbert but the guy arrived in the box at the right time for the goal.

We will lose Maher or Macca a lot through suspension and they are very similar players so i would go with

Black Bailey Maher/Macca Gower

So after a lot of rambling ive said nothing except blakc and gower play wide and Bailey,Maher and Macca play in 2 of the centre mid positions

the thing i like about black is that when he's gets the ball and runs towards goal and is a really good when running with the ball. a lot of players we have tend to go sideways and are a bti nervous to head towards goal. blacks different and is much more direct, something i think we need.

Saw Black in the reserves on Tuesday and he looked some way off the full 90 . I would leave things exactly as they were today , with him able to come on and freshen things up against tiring defenders .

I also felt that Gower had been told that, barring a serious injury, he was only playing 70 and he should give his all in that time. I thought Gower's work rate was better than I'd seen for a while - but maybe that was just competition for places .

I'd just like to mention some players that have looked fantastic in early games for us in recent history. Scott Forbes, Mitchell Cole, Ritchie Foran (jury still out !). Black has also looked excellent but let's not go overboard about being the next Ryan Giggs just yet.

We are a fickle board anyway. People are now calling for Paynter to be given another chance. I'd love to go back a year and see if it's the same people calling for his summary execution.

ANYBODY.... he would be my first name on the team sheet after his brief appearance saturday. I'd even fancy him up front to score more goals than any of our strikers given the same chances.

Every time Black comes of the bench he changes the course of the game.Its about time he started

I think that the team are good as they are, with

Bailey Maher McCormack Gower

If he was going to be in the team I would have thought he would have been in before Bailey, but he might start in front of Gower, as he has been impressing.

Every time Black comes of the bench he changes the course of the game.Its about time he started

which means we don't have that impact of him from the bench. i thought the midfield 4 was excellent yesterday.. tight and compact and yes we didn't have much down the right side but i would argue that with JCR there we didn't either.

im happy with black on the bench until he has had time to get fit and strong. richie foran will also be useful on the bench as well:-

collis
richards/hunt/francis
foran
black
hooper

If he starts a game it should be in place of Gower. But I'd expect that to be when Gower gets injured (likely) or suspended (less likely). Until that time Tilly is likely to use him as a like-for-like replacement for Gower on 70mins. I haven't got a big problem with that except I'd make it 10mins earlier.

It looks like we're already seeing JCR's replacement in Bailey; and I'd expect to see Foran step in for him when necessary.

Back